Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannibal Corpse

Options
  • 20-07-2005 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Anybody on here into Cannibal Corpse
    My favourite song was No Remorse No Repent until I found out metallica wrote it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Dude are you serious? Dunno if that's supposed to make me laugh or cry :D

I've always loved CC even though the last 2 albums have been kinda monotonous. They don't really challenge themselves anymore, they just go through the motions. Not that that's necessarily bad in their context since they're brilliant musicians, but they could do so much more with all their experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They did appear in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective which was pretty cool, no? :D

Remember Bob Rusay?

You're not gonna believe this - it was up on metalireland a while ago. Hilarious.

:eek:

Shocking. :D

I hope it doesn't happen to any of us :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

LOL. I wonder if he's ever played against Rex from Pantera... He's big into playing golf too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

That's the one... :)

tbh, they could have been cast in a movie of a slightly higher intellectual caliber. While they did get good exposure, they also became the laughing stock among ordinary joes. Not that they ever gave a fcuk, but it still pissed me off that moronic teenagers all over the world were going "uh-huh-huh, uh-huh-huh", a la Beavis.

Great link Ph3n0m, haven't come across that site before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ancient1 wrote:
    they could have been cast in a movie of a slightly higher intellectual caliber.
    I dunno...

"Draining the snot, I rip out the eyes
    Squeezing them in my hands nerves are incised
    Peeling the flesh off the bottom of my weapon
    Involuntarily pulpifying facil region
    Suffer, and then you die
    Torture, pulverised"

I see your point, but they're just lyrics.

Still, I like to think that it's not their intention to cater exclusively to teenage listeners though.
    Unfortunately they like to write bullsh1t horror lyrics in the vein of scream bloody gore, but they're still serious musicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Ancient1 wrote:
    Remember Bob Rusay?

You're not gonna believe this - it was up on metalireland a while ago. Hilarious.
    He's very careful to avoid mentioning the band's name :)

Do you reckon he puts his hand over his mouth and mumbles when someone asks him on the links?

"Ummmmm... nnnyanabuuuuuh nnyorssssss.... Say, is that a badger?" :p

I dunno how he mentions that he toured half the world and yet he avoids naming the band...strange.

Do you think he's ashamed of us, Ancient1? :p

Sounds like it!

Just look at him - if this guy crossed your path, would you ever think that he was in a death metal band?
    I wonder what he did with his tats? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I've only got The Bleeding,but i really like it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

Ancient1 wrote:
    they could have been cast in a movie of a slightly higher intellectual calber.

Thats a joke right? They are probably the most un-intelligant death metal bands around!!

"hammer smashed face" bleedin cavemen!

Read.
    Ancient1 wrote:
    I see your point, but they're just lyrics.

Still, I like to think that it's not their intention to cater exclusively to teenage listeners though.
    Unfortunately they like to write bullsh1t horror lyrics in the vein of scream bloody gore, but they're still serious musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Anyone see the vid for decency defied.

Their music is still alot less "intelligent" than other bands playing the same style

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

the best thing about the Rusay thing is that he just says "a band" & doesnt mention them by name :P

altho yeah, i LOVE Cannibal Corpse. The Wretched Spawn is an amazing album.
    also, Fisher > Barnes. FACT

EDIT: to the guy above me, have you listened to their last album, The Wretced Spawn?

Arucard wrote:
    the best thing about the Rusay thing is that he just says "a band" & doesnt mention them by name :P

altho yeah, i LOVE Cannibal Corpse. The Wretched Spawn is an amazing album.
    also, Fisher > Barnes. FACT

EDIT: to the guy above me, have you listened to their last album, The Wretced Spawn?

I have, i dont dislike the band at all, in fact i quite enjoy them.
    I wasnt trying to insult them, I just dont think their music is as "intelligent" as say Necrophagist or nile or many others in the same style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Anybody on here into Cannibal Corpse

Sorry to point this out, but does it make a **** of a difference who writes a song. If it's good it's good. Don't change your opinion just cause its not by who you thought. What a **** way of listening to music. About as pretentious as you get. Zero respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Cannibal Corpse are ok. I liked Gallery of Suicide (mostly for "From SKin To Liquid"). IF you ask me, the drummer ruins them. That music could and should be far more tehnical and aggressive in the drums department. All the simple little nonsense, non death metal beats thrown in just make it sound flat from a death metal fan's perspective. Especially right now because I've been unable to stop listening to Morbid Angel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Cannibal Corpse are pretty cool, I really hope they come here next year on tour. They releasing a new album next year arent they?

That is great about the golf.
    Golfing Geezer = "So Bob how about lending me one of your CD's for a listen?"
    Bob = ".......uh...my dog ate it..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Ancient1 wrote:
    They don't really challenge themselves anymore, they just go through the motions. Not that that's necessarily bad in their context since they're brilliant musicians, but they could do so much more with all their experience.

I think you're all misguided! CC are the worst band in history! Its just simply disgusting how anyone, any right thinking individual, can release a track called "Ripped Entrails from a Virgins ****" and find that acceptable! They dont just suck, they should be seriously ashamed for committing that kind of trash to the music industry! Grow Up! For shame!

Cop on to yourself. They are the musical equivalent of a horror movie. So they write gruesome lyrics, some folks make gruesome films, some folks paint gruesome pictures. It is all art, whether it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside or not.

It's not like Motley Crue have never done anything depraved in their lives, eh? :rolleyes:

I think you're all misguided! CC are the worst band in history! Its just simply disgusting how anyone, any right thinking individual, can release a track called "Ripped Entrails from a Virgins ****" and find that acceptable! They dont just suck, they should be seriously ashamed for committing that kind of trash to the music industry! Grow Up! For shame!

STFU.

If you don't like it don't listen to it. You sound like Tipper Gore and PMRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Well golly gosh you better stop listening to bands who sing songs like

Helter Skelter - a clear reference to their support of Charles Manson
    Knock 'Em Dead Kid - senseless murder
    Girls, Girls, Girls - fighting on a friday night and having sex with "easy girls"

YOu see any band can be open to ignorant attacks - you just have to be able to do the right kind of interpretation

So if Cannibal Corpse are so bad - what does that make Motley Crue :)

• Advertisement

And what about the classic couplet

"Bastard! Consider that bastard dead,
    Bastard! Make it quick, blow off his head!"

I'm surprised Britney hasn't covered that one, actually, good clean family fun there :rolleyes:

Edit - in fact the whole feckin thing

"Out go the lights
    In goes my knife
    Pull out his life
    Consider that bastard dead!"

Advertisement