Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New developments in Nenagh!

Options
  • 20-07-2005 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I have just read in the irish Idependant that Nenagh is to get a new shopping street, apartements, multi storey in the town centre
    Not only that the new shopping coplex been built on the main street with 14 retailers and more apartments !

The Streane devlopment is in full swing now, should be open later next year! with
    400 houses
    supermarket
    linear park/playdround
    Creche
    business park and warehouse for Banaghan
    hotel
    entertainment centre of some sort

not only that but a new housing estate been built across the road from the Streame plan.

Almost 200 houses have got the go ahead for the borriskane rd site
    another 1000 houses or so is planned for nenagh in the next cuple of years

how is Nenagh going to cope with this
    Not to mention the urban sprawl happening coming from Limerick and surrounding towns such as Ballina and newport???
    The schools and services will be under huge strain ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

I'm sure the schools and services are already under strain, to get your child into the Gaelscoil primary school you nearly have to enroll them the minute they're born, the other schools will probably be the same as the years go by. Also who's going to buy all these houses? I think the builders will be flogging these in a few years, too many houses not enough buyers imo

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Nenagh is growing very fast but then so is every other small town and village.

Just take Ballina as an example the village must have more than doubled in size in the last few years. Newport is also growing with mostly Limerick commuters. Also Newtown is another village that is doubling in size. North Tipperary is growing and with all this development is showing in small villages like Borrisoleigh, Ballina, Newtown, etc…

I still can’t see the market for this volume of development, but it must be around.

Eóin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Build the houses and people will fill them. Nenagh's position in Tipperary as a county has been overshadowed by Clonmel time and time again. I think it's about time they decided to give Nenagh a boost too. it hasn't changed all that much since I used to go swimming there with my cousins when I was a little kid. As for education services, they'll all have to be improved with increased volumes of residents in the town. Better to enlarge Nenagh and keep it as a viable town rather than leave it rotting slowly into obscurity.

Advertisement