Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic Corps

Options
  • 20-07-2005 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

outside Ashbourne on the N2 last night, a garda traffic corps car was in front of me, suddenly the lights came on and he over took two cars (fairly dangerously) and pulled in a woman in a yaris ahead of me. He was indicating to the seat belts, I had a quick look and i could see three children in the back, knees on the seat playing with toys on the parcel shelf.

I assume she was pulled over for the kids not having seat belts, is this 2 points or 6 (3 kids x 2 points) ?

Personally I would issue an immediate ban for having kids unrestrained in the back of a car.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 smashingpumpkin

:rolleyes: I think it wud make sense to give just the 2 pts

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

AFAIK it's 2 points in total for the driver if there are 1 or more minors (17 and under) passengers that aren't wearing a seatbelt. This of course applies to Irish licenses only
    whippet wrote:
    Personally I would issue an immediate ban for having kids unrestrained in the back of a car.

That would mean a lot of bannings in the Lucan area. See it on a daily basis sometimes 5+ children and a few adults on the backseat alone of a family hatch / saloon. Those people mustn't know or mustn't care that an unsecured heavy object will be launched as a projectile in a frontal collision

Or maybe they think they will never crash...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

AFAIK they will only recieve 2 pts, as stated above you cannot give 2pts for each child

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

whippet wrote:
    :rolleyes:

The cold fist of justice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 smashingpumpkin

"Faith is the belief in something you know isn't true".

Thats funny and true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

"Faith is the belief in something you know isn't true".

Thats funny and true
    Sadly, yes! :)

Ahem... back to thread.

Advertisement