Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony DCR HC 42E from Pixmania.ie

• 20-07-2005 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

I just received my Sony DCR HC 42E from pixmania today and everything was present and accounted for. That was until I looked at the power cable which is the European 2 pin plug one. WTF!!! It was on the Irish site of pixmania did they make a mistake or is that the way all the power Ac's are? I emailed them straight away but no return answer yet. Is it just a case of bad luck I don’t really want to go through the hassle of sending it all back because of a €5 power cord.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

They usually include a 2 pin to 3 pin adaptor which is what you need in this case, they can be bought in any electrical shop. Hardly warrants sending it back!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ive ordered amp's and cameras off them and they always include 2 2-3 pin adaptors and those neckband things, even when the product doesnt need power, like printer paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Stick a pen in the top hole of the socket and plug it in.... that or cut it off and pay the 99c for an irish plug....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

How do you find this camera & have you used it much. I am thinking about getting the same camera and would like to know what people's experiences are. What other cameras did you consider and why did you pick the sony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭jones

richieg wrote:
    How do you find this camera & have you used it much. I am thinking about getting the same camera and would like to know what people's experiences are. What other cameras did you consider and why did you pick the sony

i've had no probems with it so far its great really small and handy to carry about! i havent really been using it too much yet (got it for moving house/new baby neither of which have happened yet) but from my messing around video quality is class outdoors and indoors its pretty good too..built in lens protector and widescreen capabilities are also good features! plus the docking station is dead handy if your connecting it up to pc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I got the 39E just back in June myself. I didn't feel the need to pay extra for the minimal add ons of the 42E. I used the 39 for 3 straight weeks and got 18 hours of footage which I'm now editing into a 2 hour docu. The 39 was great and easy to use. One piece of advice is that if you know you're going to be using it alot then get a 2nd battery!

Advertisement