Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET 2.0 Menu

Options
  • 20-07-2005 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Im trying to build a user role based dynamic menu with the new asp:Menu control. Im having some problems figuring out what way it works. I have a table called menu items which has a list of links and the userlevel required in order to access them.

What i want to do is some how link the Menu to this table and only show the links that the current user is allowed to view but i cant seem to get it working. As its quite a new control and still in beta theres little code samples online but i wonder if anyone here has played around with it ?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've tinkered with it. It's primarily aimed at hirerarchical data like xml. Of course you can use a table but you would probably need to create the menuitems in code and decide whether to create each item depending on the user as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Yea thats pretty much the same assumption ive come to it when researching it. i can only manage to find examples which use a sitemap.web file which doesnt match my needs.

Advertisement