Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL bb for clondalkin soon?

• 20-07-2005 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Have noticed lads digging up the road around the dutch village area of clondalkin with signs saying "SEC(?) on behalf on NTL would like to apologise, blah blah".
    Is this part of them upgrading the fiber so people in the area can get ntl bb? Are they going to do the whole of clondalkin? or is it only upgrading capacity to cope with the load of apt blocks going up around there?

I thought ntl had put upgrades on hold pending their buy out by shorus..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ntl in clondalkin? buahahahahaha! when pigs fly,

I've been waiting for those bastardos for 4-5 years now

Clondalkin, technologicaly wise, is one of the worst are areas in Dublin, it's quite an old neighborhood, and ntl, Smart and others aren't bothed doing anything here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

not really. theres eircom, bt, ibb. smart on Nangor Road exchange
    Rang ntl there to see what the story is and the biddy said it wasnt available yet. i mentioned there were ntl guys digging up the road and asked what they were at and she said they were upgrading the network and leaflets would be dropped in the door of the upgraded areas when they are finished.
    though we all know how reliable biddies are for information...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Scruff wrote:
    not really. theres eircom, bt, ibb. smart on Nangor Road exchange
    Rang ntl there to see what the story is and the biddy said it wasnt available yet. i mentioned there were ntl guys digging up the road and asked what they were at and she said they were upgrading the network and leaflets would be dropped in the door of the upgraded areas when they are finished.
    though we all know how reliable biddies are for information...

NTL have been digging up the roads all over Clondalkin for the past couple of years and still no BB. It seems they decided to upgrade tallaght, upgrade lucan, but forget to upgrade Clondalkin which sits in the middle of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭proteus

I got a letter in the door earlier this week from NTL advising that enabling works on roads and footpaths were about to commence in the area.

I rang the customer affairs representative named on the letter and he told me they were renewing the cabling in the area. They were installing this magical 'two-way' cabling (which I need for NTL broadband according to countless biddies at NTL). He also said the works were part of
    a broadband rollout which should be starting over the next 2-4 months. Those familiar with NTL will know to take such dates with a ton of salt but the start of enabling works does look promising. :p

and what area is that? I mean what street?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭proteus

CyberGhost wrote:
    and what area is that? I mean what street?

Newlands Cross.

damn, that's far from me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Scruff wrote:
    Have noticed lads digging up the road around the dutch village area of clondalkin with signs saying "SEC(?) on behalf on NTL would like to apologise, blah blah".
    Is this part of them upgrading the fiber so people in the area can get ntl bb? Are they going to do the whole of clondalkin? or is it only upgrading capacity to cope with the load of apt blocks going up around there?
    Why not ask them? I mean well done for phoning ntl and asking. But ask the guys that are doing the digging - they're normally decent enough with the info - it beats the whinging about digging up the road from disgruntled pedestrians and motorists that they usually get.
    I thought ntl had put upgrades on hold pending their buy out by shorus..
    No. UGC are buying ntl. UGC already own chorus. ntl have recently rolled out in Galway and Waterford, apparently at the expense of Dublin - shock horror the fools :D

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭pablo321

Has anyone heard of any rumours of NTL going into D10, ballyfermot???

I have UTV, but when my contract expires I think i might move to NTL, hopefully available..

Pablo

Advertisement