Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Support for Iron Maiden confirmed

• 20-07-2005 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

http://www.burningheart.com/tours/details.php?id=1145

Yay Turbonegro :rolleyes: - well that sums up the absolute pointless lineup of this gig.

2 (IMO) crap bands and Maiden - no way is it worth 65 euro - so instead of pissing this away on a gig, I am now going to piss away the 65 in a pub having a good time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Eye

never heard of em :-\

tbh i was looking forward to the manson maiden gig up until this week, having just come back from a weekend in wales where i went to the Rammstein gig in cardiff i somehow feel that maiden and manson just ain't gonna be a patch on monday nights show :( *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I wanted Dragonforce :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I saw Turbonegro at Download Festival in 04.I had never heard any of there stuff but they got a good reaction and entertained the crowd.With songs like I got erection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well if past gigs are anything to go by - they are going to get crucified - I saw what happened to Funeral for a Friend when they supported Maiden last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Turbonegro are okayyyyyy...

....But I HATE Iron Maiden. Only reason I'm going is its because it's the GF's last day off before school resumes.....oh, dedication.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

loada bollix really lads you'd be better paying the extra few quid & actually going to the reading festival where at least you could catch a few other bands & soak up the smelly festival atmos & drink cheap aftershock/carling or whatever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

Ah jayzuz, I was looking at the line-up for Sunday in Reading, they have Iggy / NOFX etc, why must Dublin get this? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i got a free ticket so thats why i'm goin pretty much hate all the bands but sure its a day out with a few of the lads and a bit of craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ah haha they are ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

id pay 65 euro to see marilyn manson alone no problems.
    iron maiden arent too bad so its a bonus for me.
    have never listened to turbowhatsit before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

turbonegro are on viva la nam every now and again, he loves em, i don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

is this just rumor ?
    the maiden site says maiden+manson and more to be announced
    should we wait for something offical or is burningheart.com very reliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

This is great news for me - I love TurboNegro
    Anyone who disagrees with me - listen to their album Apocalypse Dudes (especially tracks Prince of the Rodeo and Age of Pamparius) and get back to me - I get the impression some of you have never listened to them and are just complaining because you don't know them. Quality band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Repli, and then there are some (like me) who have listened to Apocalypse Dudes and found it not to my taste - therefore to me, they are not a quality band.

Which makes me sad, would have loved to see maiden but (IMO) with no decent support, I can justify spending that money on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i've listened to a few of there tracks and havent found them to my taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I am going just for manson so they better get a decent amount of time onstage! what are turbonegro like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

i'm going for maiden alone, some good suport would be good but its maiden so i'm there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

I have heard Turbonegro, don't like them. Used to be a big Manson fan, really looking forward to seeing him, except the Golden Age Of Grotesque stuff, its pants.

But, Maiden are one of my faves, so it's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Turbonegro are cool. I might actually go to this now. I hate Marylin Manson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

They're going to be the 'Designated Bottle Band' this year.

'03:Linkin Park (IMO, should have been The Darkness)
    '04: lostprohphets

And both bands have gone on to say that those gigs were the worst they've ever played. Don't know if that's something to be proud of, but there you go. I shall be waiting with beer in hand to see how soon after they take the stage for the first bottle to hit them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Just to be sure, I actually checked out Turbonegro's website and it claims that the band is playing reading on aug 28th, norway on the 9th and then finland on the 10th so we may be spared this band if all goes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

of course they're playing. its on the record company website and on the ads on the radio.

luckly the rds has a large area with bars for people who don't want to watch bands but some dickheads can't figure that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Turbonegro aren't bad - they're like the Darkness except funnier. Probably not a great choice of band for supporting Manson and Maiden though :(

And to be honest - having seen both Maiden and Rammstien, I thought Maiden were better. Should be a good gig overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭k_money

Ciaran* wrote:
    of course they're playing. its on the record company website and on the ads on the radio.

luckly the rds has a large area with bars for people who don't want to watch bands but some dickheads can't figure that out.

Babyshambles were confirmed for oxegen on their record label's website so it's not always to be taken for gospel

as far as I know Turbonegro aren't unpredictable herion addicts

I'm just saying that just cos a record company says it doesn't mean it's the truth. Another example: Morrissey at the Isle of White festival this year

Morrissey pulled out cos he was drummer less

Well he has been known to have said that he never agreed to do it. I'm just making a point that sometimes they get it wrong ok jesus

Advertisement