Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a port from half to full Duplex

Options
  • 20-07-2005 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Have a 3Com 3300 and I need to change a port from half to full Duplex, can't find it in the web interface at all. It's driving me nuts trying to find it! Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers

Mossess

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

double click on the graphic of the port you want to change

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

I did, Auto is the only option in the Speed/duplex dropdown. I have another 3300 and they are all set to full. Can't understand it at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No idea - things to look at
    Management Settings
    Are you logging in as manager or other user instead of admin ?

icon
    Is it one of the 10/100 ports or an expansion card
    Is the port liked to another 3 com switch ?
    Is the unit on a different firmware to the others ?

Configuration
    Is the port in a Resiliant link ? ( have a look at Vlan or trunk too )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

change it to auto and it will decide which is best for you....
    if you change it to full duplex you are most likely to drop packets and have a lot of collisions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

auto neg does not always work correctly, especially when mixing different vendor's devices together.

Personally Id be much happier nailing both sides to a particular speed, rather than using auto-neg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement