Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Phone Returns - Who's Problem?

Options
  • 20-07-2005 3:02pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Are Irish online companies legally allowed to fob us off to the manufacturer for repairs despite the law saying that retailers have to deal with anything like that? Or is there a seperate law for online retailers? Basically, I have a dodgy iMate SP3i that I bought from expansys.ie but I'm having awful trouble getting in touch with anyone from iMate or their service centre in the UK. I just feel that it should be expansys that have to deal with the problem as my contract of sale was with them and not the manufacturer. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

i would be of the impression that expansys should take full responsibility for this.
    they should replace it for you and then it is up to them to sort out their differences with the manufacturer.

i'm not saying this is definitely the way it is but i think so.
    if not , it SHOULD be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

its the sellars/retailers problem within the first 28days unless otherwise stated, if ANYTHING that a manufacters fault goes wrong within this time you are covered by law to get it fixed/exchanged (same model tho) after 28days it falls out of their hands and goes onto the 1years manufacters warrenty which means they send it off for repar blah blah blah so get moving if you only just purchased this, maybe check out the terms and conditions or returns policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ask mprc and if they donot do it then ask them to recommend any one else that can fix them for free as its under warranty,

it might be a better solution than wasting money calling expansys

Advertisement