Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else using Microsoft Money ?

Options
  • 20-07-2005 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi
    I have to say this in advance, I was in a long time relationship inwhere my exgirlfried was very egger to do all the financial things, she did not want me to have anything to do with the bills apart from paying them lol, she works in a bank and is very good at that.

Now sadly after 12 years we broke up, I moved out and have "me" own gaff, more or less happy and all :)

So i have to do my "own" finances, and I'm loving it, I was all this time very wreckless and never had a close eye on what I'm spending.
    So I had a huge overdraft, talked to the bank and got an extended loan and killed the overdraft.

Now for the first time in ages I got acctual money since I'm not in the red anymore.

I started using Excel to do up a Fiancial plan and all, untill I came accross Money 2005 (my ex had a copy at home)

My Question: Is anybody here using Microsoft Money 2005 or are there better progams out there for a smaller budget etc.

Are there any well writen tutorials out there for Microsoft Money 2005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

I found money a pain in the hole, its too complex. Try this one: http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/

It may not look too slick, but thats the point, they keep things simple. Its gets get reviews from users.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I use it but just as a basic tool for budgeting. It keeps track of all my spending and shows whare all my money really goes..

I'm sure there are far better products out there but this does the trick for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mh

I use an older version (Money 2002) and had previously used Quicken. I find it excellent for basic keeping track of expenditure and categorising spend. However I do tend to dump the data to Excel to do any further analysis or for drawing up a budget. If you have any specific queries on using the package let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Here is something simple I did up for a friend with a couple of bank accounts and a credit card. Basic but does the trick. He has a list of his standing orders, direct debits etc and puts them in as he goes along.

I use it myself now. Between the two of use we have three bank accounts and two credit cards and it takes about 10 minutes once a week (using online banking) to keep things up to date.

Advertisement