Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Game of Life

• 20-07-2005 3:35pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have not had this feeling for a while but when I was younger I would sometimes get the feeling that life was some sort of Truman Show.

i.e. The people on the street all knew I was coming around the corner. The people on the bus all know what I am thinking about are reporting back on how I react to certain situations.

It was as if life was some sort of game, or test.

(this was before ever seeing or reading films/books related to this topic)

If you think like this then I suppose it gives you some assurance that our futile little lifes actually are important to something or someone.

Anyone ever felt like that? I was talking about this with someone before and they had a similar experience/feeling sometimes.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've felt a bit like that sometimes, and I regularly feel like there's something going on behind the scenes that I'm not being told about. I think everyone does now and then, which means it's probably just paranoia, because if we're all being watched then who's doing the watching ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Channel 4 had a programme recently called What we still dont know, in it, it mentioned the theory of multiverses, and how our lives could be like computer simulations created by other beings. Really interesting stuff.

Advertisement