Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Problem

Options
  • 20-07-2005 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Right lads, I need some advice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Bought a brand new house last year, exactly 12 months ago. Last night I switched the boiler on for the first time in weeks to heat the radiators cause her indoors wanted to dry some clothes (its a Heatline Star24 combination gas boiler, been used for hot water only for last few weeks). Went into kitchen an hour later and water is all over the counter top and under the unit :mad: I pulled the covers off & I can see its something in the combustion chamber or the pipes connected to it thats leaking.
    I told the builders office in Dublin (i'm in Dundalk) & she said they'd get back to me but all staff are on hols :confused: Builders holidays don't start till next week!
    I rung her back later on and gave her a mouthful but all she did was apologise, I'm getting nowhere with her.
    Does anyone know about homebond etc. & what my rights are here, cause I don't want to fork out money to get it fixed myself.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

your house is under builders guarantee, they will have to fix it foc – getting your hands on them is another thing though –
    I thought builders holidays were the first two weeks in August

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hbxutd

I'm an engineer & we have next week & the following week off for hols, mightn't be CIF dates though.
    Getting my hands on them is pretty tricky all right. I'm wondering if their's any timescale relating to this sort of defect though. I aint looking forward to no hot water for the next while & I can imagine what the missus will be like :rolleyes:

Advertisement