Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European games on the internet

• 20-07-2005 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

From next year, top European football matches will have to be shown in the UK on the internet at the same time as they are televised live, Uefa has ruled.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4697403.stm

Wonder what is classed as a "top European game"? edit: looks like its Champs League.
    But the broadcasters will have to ensure that only UK viewers can watch the games online.

heh? not sure how that can work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

UK viewers? Would we be included because we got the UK channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

They will do it IP based, but its very easy to bounce.
    Luckily I'm on NTl, so I won't even have to do that, I'm a UK IP :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

We would not be included because we got the UK channels no. ITV and Sky do not buy the rights to broadcast Champs League in Ireland specifically, therefore they will be under no obligation to broadcast it over the internet to Ireland either.

Having said that, there are a couple of Irish broadcasters who do buy the rights from UEFA to broadcast to Ireland specifically. Ahem.

Advertisement