Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still playing BFV?

Options
  • 20-07-2005 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

I resent having to buy a new PC just to play BF2, so I'm still in the Mekong Delta. Anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nope. We've gone back to Desert Combat :) (see sig)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

yup still playing it like mad, i still love some of the bfv maps like saigon 1968

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

saigon '68 was a brilliant map. I loved the tunnels and stuff. Class map. I miss playing it so much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Yes 1st-Ib has not moved !! server is up 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah our server is really filling up since BF2 came out. There is still a large BFV hardcore out there. Its hard to get on the 1st-ib bfv server some evenings ive had to kick the players who are idle just to get on myself quite a few times since bf2 came out. Also ive played a bit of DC on ice good fun to be had there too. Im not mad about bf2 like all new EA games, it has way too much going on. I prefer the simpler games with less stuff to get to grips with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TBH im gonna re-install BFV,some of its maps are unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Rember EA made an offical ww2 mod for bfv.Mabye they'll do a vietnam one for bf2.
    Anyway theres no way id go back to the old battlefields.

Ya can get that mod here http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/editorial.jsp?src=demo_editorial

Plus some other good stuff. We may be runnig a server soon for that wwII mod. I agree with cully BFV does have some class maps. Im sure they will get converted for BF2. I for el alimain for BFV im sure they will all get ported over to bf2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

For my money Irving and Hastings are hard to beat. Plus you can actually empathise with the sides, good mood music etc. Whereas US Vs China Vs Eastern Federation is just pants TBH.

Does that 1st-IB server show up on ASE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Havent palyed bfv since bf2 came out, ill have to give it a try later on, tho ill probably have gotten even crapper at it by now after so long away from it

• Advertisement

magpie wrote:
    For my money Irving and Hastings are hard to beat. Plus you can actually empathise with the sides, good mood music etc. Whereas US Vs China Vs Eastern Federation is just pants TBH.

It should do. We use ASE for invites to the server so id imagine it does.
    You can alyways type in the IP address that appears in my sig. Looking foward to playing for and seeing if you are worse then me????

magpie wrote:

sure does !!

Excellent. I go under the name 'Totenkopf' on BFV, look out for me!

magpie wrote:
    Excellent. I go under the name 'Totenkopf' on BFV, look out for me!

But we are HAstings and FLaming DArt junkies in 1st-IB watch out for Spooky in the hughie !!

I'll be sure and fire a SAM up his derriere.

magpie wrote:
    I'll be sure and fire a SAM up his derriere.

You got Xfire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Yow i forgot our server is still runnin bfv (NRG), But yeah i went back to bfv last week, Was crashing choppers all over the shop but after a while it all came back, t'was deadly.

Yep bfv is the only way. But last night I fancied a bit of modern combat. So I played some DC rather than play BF2. There is still a good few DC servers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Havent installed BFV or CoD/CoD:UO or anything since HDD crashed with install of BF2 so I am kinda stuck on BF2 until they replace HDD!!

You got Xfire?

What's that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

www.xfire.com

Its basically a messanger program, which shows what game you are playin. There is the option of joinin the game as well & you can message to/from it while in game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

It should do. We use ASE for invites to the server so id imagine it does.
    You can alyways type in the IP address that appears in my sig. Looking foward to playing for and seeing if you are worse then me????

You sure send out them invites all right every feckin 10 seconds or so i get them . :eek: :mad: :D

Advertisement