Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help! Best way to record audio?

• 20-07-2005 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I want to record music from a 16 track digital recorder to my PC. Eventually I want to put this on CD. Whats the best way to do this, optical in or coaxial in? What file format, wav? Are there differnt type of wav files (ie Scott studios wave :confused: ) Thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

audacity.sourceforge.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Thanks Zascar, that looks like a good audio editor, but it doesnt really answer my questions. How should I record, ie what connectors? And what file format?

Anyone got any recommedations? I really want to get it right first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Optical out of the 16 track, to optical in on the sound card. If you want great quality record uncompressed Wav's. However, compressing them to 320 kbps will give you cd quality Mp3's.

Question answered.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Whats the exact model of the 16 track?

LK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭Frank Rizzo

take the outs from ur 16 track to the line in on ur pc (phono from ur 16 track to mini jack into ur pcs sound card)...u can get this cable from any sound hard ware store..ask for a "stereo rca to stereo mini jack cable)...
    http://www1.bottomdollar.com/p__Monster_Cable_Monster_Cable_20_Mini_jack_to_RCA_Cable,__5305416//
    unless u have a good card that takes a stereo phono in (i got the audiophile 24/96,,,great card, buy one on ebay....)
    then record in to ur software prog.....i use sound forge 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Paddy Last

The best and simplist way is to use a programme called Cool Edit Pro or Adobe audition they are the same software just adiobe bought out cool edit ( syntrillium ) *Edit* Buy Software *Edit*
    Its what most of the radio station use for commercial production.

Highly usefull and yet very simple

Paddy

Hi,
    I ended up getting a cheap sound card with optical in, I didnt want to use analogue connections. Sound is excellent.

Advertisement