Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite song so far of 2005

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

lordgoat wrote:
    this is possibly the worst song ever... i can't even compare it to something

that was a good song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Lilly81 wrote:
    how do you know they dont play your kind of music if you dont listen to the radio? whats your kind of music?

i sometimes have to endure an hour of it in work and I've never heard any music I like, with the exception of Friday night 80s on today fm.

I listen to Sirenia, Tristania, For My Pain, Epica, HIM, Xandria, Rhapsody, Iced Earth, Within Temptation, Children of Bodom...........Ever heard any of them being played on 2fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Yeah I don't listen to the radio either. They don't play any music I like.

And those pictures are great. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yes they play crap all day long....damn capitalist dogs....stick it to th man notme and nightwish! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Declan O Rourke - No Brakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

night2zq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

newyears6xs.jpg

rofl exactly the same as fuzzy's but done completly sepratly

:eek: You found me out Fuzzy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You do realise none of those pics are even remotely funny, right?

...right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

PiE wrote:
    You do realise none of those pics are even remotely funny, right?

...right?!
    You do realise that youre a retard, right?
    *sighs*
    The folks in the #boards.ie and #pimpdaddy irc channels all disagree. And the random people who pm'd me and weemcd. Its just our brand of humour. Perhaps you should get outside more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Wow, if your irc buddies think it's funny then I MUST be wrong and I MUST need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

lighten up.

Late night ms paint sessions and irc robot wars fúcking wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You said I was more then just an irc friend :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

some of the pics are as funny as that rob thomas song is good. the rest did make me smile a bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they truly incurred lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

Nightwish wrote:
    i sometimes have to endure an hour of it in work and I've never heard any music I like, with the exception of Friday night 80s on today fm.

I listen to Sirenia, Tristania, For My Pain, Epica, HIM, Xandria, Rhapsody, Iced Earth, Within Temptation, Children of Bodom...........Ever heard any of them being played on 2fm?

theres a reason for that, they're shi.te.

Lilly81 wrote:
    theres a reason for that, they're shi.te.

each to their own

Have a nice day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

lol - great pics.

Have to say, System of a Down - BYOB/Revenga definitely is teh win fo me, although Abduction isn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

The Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
    Wolf Parade - Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts
    Spoon - I Turn My Camera On
    Daft Punk - Robot Rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I don't like chart music either... *Ducks* ;)

But anyways, best songs from albums I bought that were released in 2005:
    James Blunt - Goodbye, My Lover
    Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
    Interpol - Evil

That's pretty much it. Everythin else I got was release last yr or ages ago. *Shrugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

lordgoat wrote:
    some of the pics are as funny as that rob thomas song is good. the rest did make me smile a bit.

Gotta agree with everything said there. Rob Thomas is, to my surprise, a very talented young man. Everybody has heard his song with Santana ('Smooth' is the name), and most have heard his other work with Matchbox 20 too...

Daft Punk - Robot Rock was quite good, though I'm also one of the few who liked their other stuff from this year too. What else... Coldplay, Kaiser Chiefs, Arcade Fire, Gorillaz,

Here's a thought - get off the music/RADIO forum and on to whatever forum this bilge belongs to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

NoelRock wrote:

Here's a thought - get off the music/RADIO forum and on to whatever forum this bilge belongs to.

Suggest a forum then! It's about your favourite songs of this year and this is a music forum. Where is it meant to go? Personal Issues???? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I quite like Coldplay's new song - Fix You, The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It, The Gorillaz - Dare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

The Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You
    Bloc Party - Hard to pick a favourite from the album but I keep on listening to helicopter
    Futureheads - Decent Days and Nights

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

NoelRock wrote:
    Gotta agree with everything said there. Rob Thomas is, to my surprise, a very talented young man. Everybody has heard his song with Santana ('Smooth' is the name), and most have heard his other work with Matchbox 20 too...

QUOTE]

just to clear up any confusion, rob thomas's new song is ****, smooth was a decent track, but this new one is a piece if ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Why am I not suprised that this turned in to a your taste in music is crap debate....if you don't like any chart music grand, don't post here. I was just interested in knowing what people liked this year charts wise.

It's MY thread. Treat it with some respect.

*sob*

Life is so cruel sometimes...... :(

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Ignore the bad people there, Clarebear...... :)

My favourites are:
    Doves - Black And White Town
    Basement Jaxx - Oh My Gosh
    The Bravery - Honest Mistake
    Stereophonics - Superman/Dakota
    Kaiser Chiefs - Every Day I Love You Less And Less
    Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #3 (Was that released as a single? No matter...)
    Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle
    The Bodyrockers - I Like The Way You Move
    Gorillaz - Dare/Feel Good Inc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

*Hugs clare* Cheer up chicken!

Just to add one more -
    Bloc Party - So Here We Are (Four Tet Remix)

Excellent reworking of an ok track.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Greenday - Wake Me Up When September Ends
    Eminem - Like Toy Soldiers
    The Killers - Mr. Brightside
    Jay-Z & Linkin Park - Numb/Encore
    U2 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    Foo Fighters - Best Of You
    John Legend - Ordinary People
    Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
    Missy Elliot - Lose Control
    Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
    Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie

Edit: 2Pac - Ghetto Gospel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ClareBear wrote:
    Why am I not suprised that this turned in to a your taste in music is crap debate....

Because, unfortunately Boards.ie is FULL of musical snobs that think it's only cool to like songs by artists that either nobody likes or has never heard of. And if the band ever makes it into the charts then the very same people then slate them for selling out.

My favourites this year that I can think of off the top of my head are..

Dakota - Stereophonics
    Talk - Coldplay
    Lift Me Up - Moby ( ilkie the original and the Mylo mix)
    All These Things That I’ve Done - The Killers

B.

Advertisement