Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor's dog barking 24-7! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

It would be great if a solution could be found to the problem without the dspca getting involved, and withiout the OP having to, de facto, adopt the dog, but it is unlikely to happen in the real world.

landser is right. Its cool your such an animal lover and I have no doubt you would walk the dog and look after it properly, but not eberyone is like you ms. If they were, this thread wouldnt exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

landser wrote:
    I think that your affection for our canine companions is clouding yuor judgment in this matter, my friend. It would be great if a solution could be found to the problem without the dspca getting involved, and withiout the OP having to, de facto, adopt the dog, but it is unlikely to happen in the real world.

Absolutely correct but unfortunately for us MorningStar seems to be living in the ideal world that exists in his mind alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Haha. I guess, if my neighbours decided to leave their toddler at home and it's crying all the time, I'd knock on their door and offer to babysit for them.

These people are irresponsible pet owners, pure and simple. You take care of their dogs for them now, you'll be doing it for the rest of the dogs life, because they obviously don't care about it.

MorningStar - are we to assume by your silence that you have given up on your argument?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Despatch wrote:
    Absolutely correct but unfortunately for us MorningStar seems to be living in the ideal world that exists in his mind alone.

Actually I live in the world you all live in I just want to make it better and act correctly. I would help somebody being beaten up (that does not mean putting yourself at risk). If this is unfortunate it's not because of me but because some people don't care about others and only about themselves.

My concern is not just for the dog or I would have suggested the only route of DSPCA. I am concerned for the life of the OP and the surrounding neighbours as the amount of confrontation that could arise from it being handled incorrectly.

I have a low tolerance to lots of antisocial behaviour but it's how you handle it that matters. It can be handled in an equally anti-social way.

My similar problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=271887

• Advertisement

He probably does some work inbetween posting! And has a life.
    Stop goading him.
    Concentrate on suggesting what Ill have for my dinner....otherwise Im in serious danger of getting some work done. :D
    Lamb chops I think.

Actually I live in the world you all live in I just want to make it better and act correctly. I would help somebody being beaten up (that does not mean putting yourself at risk). If this is unfortunate it's not because of me but because some people don't care about others and only about themselves.

*bangs head off desk

My concern is not just for the dog or I would have suggested the only route of DSPCA. I am concerned for the life of the OP and the surrounding neighbours as the amount of confrontation that could arise from it being handled incorrectly.

I have a low tolerance to lots of antisocial behaviour but it's how you handle it that matters. It can be handled in an equally anti-social way.

My similar problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=271887

You really need to learn to use proper judgement in knowing when and when not to get involved with things that are likely to cause confrontation.

*bangs head off desk

Please continue :D

Despatch wrote:
    You really need to learn to use proper judgement in knowing when and when not to get involved with things that are likely to cause confrontation.
    What do you mean by that?

• Advertisement

Please continue

I will.....if you just please please please stop. Itll be worth it. I would be in less pain!

Im away now.....we are being no help to the OP.

I will.....if you just please please please stop. Itll be worth it. I would be in less pain!
    It is funny that concern for others is so painful for you

He probably does some work inbetween posting! And has a life.
    Stop goading him.
    Concentrate on suggesting what Ill have for my dinner....otherwise Im in serious danger of getting some work done. :D
    Lamb chops I think.

I just wanted to get a response before I leave work :)

As for your dinner, well maybe you should have a salad because you really wouldn't want to upset someones social conscience by eating lovely little lambs. You'll have the DSPCA kicking your door in before you know what's going on :D

What do you mean by that?

Well you say you want to avoid confrontation and yet you advocate using what is potentially going to be to most provocative action in order to deal with the problem. See?

Despatch wrote:
    I just wanted to get a response before I leave work :)

As for your dinner, well maybe you should have a salad because you really wouldn't want to upset someones social conscience by eating lovely little lambs. You'll have the DSPCA kicking your door in before you know what's going on :D

You know you have assumed so much about me. So I'll assume back you are in your early to mid 20s and come from a middle to lower class back ground. You think you know all the answers because you never had any really bad things happen in your life. You think criminals should serve longer time and would advocted the death penalty. YOu don't have children and are the loungest in your family :D
    And you have penis envy on an action man.

I'll be back tomorrow

You know you have assumed so much about me. So I'll assume back you are in your early to mid 20s and come from a middle to lower class back ground. You think you know all the answers because you never had any really bad things happen in your life. You think criminals should serve longer time and would advocted the death penalty. YOu don't have children and are the loungest in your family :D

I'll be back tomorrow

See ya, it's been fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I saw a gadget in 4home superstores that use a frequency like they use to ward of rat, it is supposed to stop the dog from barking ! it is nearly €60 though, but could worth it to get some peace and quite ! Whatever about the ethics of it, it is so annoying having to listen to a bloody dog barking 24/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If it's a collie, they are notorious for barking all the time, whether they have been left alone or not.

So if you have a moral issue with the dog being left alone then do the right thing, if you're problem is with the dog barking, then take it up with the neighbour when they get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Lex Luthor wrote:
    If it's a collie, they are notorious for barking all the time, whether they have been left alone or not.

So if you have a moral issue with the dog being left alone then do the right thing, if you're problem is with the dog barking, then take it up with the neighbour when they get back.

I think from the description that it is a border collie.

aboutpage_bordercollie.jpg

If so, they are a farm dog, they need huuuuge amounts of space and are quite an easily excitable dog.

We used to own one. Great dogs, but cant be chained up.

Jumpy wrote:
    I think from the description that it is a border collie.

If so, they are a farm dog, they need huuuuge amounts of space and are quite an easily excitable dog.

We used to own one. Great dogs, but cant be chained up.

There are a lot of mixed breeds floating about so it is unlikely it is a pure border collie. They do need a lot of excercise which doesn't have to mean large space. I personally don't like chaining up dogs but it is a common practice for many. Collies are all very social animals and from what I know border collies are extremely so.
    Lex Luthor wrote:

I really don't think that's true at all. Any dog can be a barker if not trained properly and collies are very clever dogs that can be trained for lots of jobs. So it's not the breed that barks but people who don't know what they are doing IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

. So it's not the breed that barks but people who don't know what they are doing IMHO.

... people who don't know what they're doing bark? :confused:

landser wrote:
    ... people who don't know what they're doing bark? :confused:

Yeah, they were trying to do an impersonation of a cat but got it completely wrong.

I'll be back tomorrow

That's uncanny. You should get a job with Irish Psychics Live. I hear most of them are just chancers but clearly you have The Power. If you're going to give them a call, use the landline because the other number is very expensive.

landser wrote:
    ... people who don't know what they're doing bark?
    Despatch wrote:
    Yeah, they were trying to do an impersonation of a cat but got it completely wrong.

What is with you guys? Is it because I suggest being reasonable that you are baiting me to see me become unreasonable. You are acting like complete children
    By the way
    http://www.oasis.gov.ie/environment/noise_regulations.html?search=noise

What is with you guys? Is it because I suggest being reasonable that you are baiting me to see me become unreasonable. You are acting like complete children

I think it works both ways - you're just failing to see the humour in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Despatch wrote:
    WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    Translated ino....

"Please please, somebody get me off this chain and set me free. My wicked owners have fekced off to the sun and left me here on my own cos they are too miserable to pay for a nice kennel for me. They also asked that a$$hole down the road who always kicks me to feed me and everytime he comes over, he kicks me and laughs and gives me the scraps from his dinner. I've even tried to annoy the next door neighbour by barking at him all night to get his attention, but he's too pre-occupied up in his room tapping away on his computer and shouting at me to shut up. The next chance I get off this chain, I'm going to jump that wall and run away with my cousin Lassie." :p

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Translated ino....

"Please please, somebody get me off this chain and set me free. My wicked owners have fekced off to the sun and left me here on my own cos they are too miserable to pay for a nice kennel for me. They also asked that a$$hole down the road who always kicks me to feed me and everytime he comes over, he kicks me and laughs and gives me the scraps from his dinner. I've even tried to annoy the next door neighbour by barking at him all night to get his attention, but he's too pre-occupied up in his room tapping away on his computer and shouting at me to shut up. The next chance I get off this chain, I'm going to jump that wall and run away with my cousin Lassie." :p

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

OP do you know when the owners are back from holidays?

I'd like to see what happens here, because my neighbours dog barks continuously every morning and a lot through the day too. Starts on Saturdays at 8am and goes solid until whenever they get up. Who the f* do these people think they are to cause so much nuisance?

A friend of mine has got two border collie type dogs and they are probably the best trained domestic dogs in the country - she really shows up all the other people. I suddenly notice them having to roar and scream at their dogs when they're out walking them. All she did was consult a book and take it seriously. They are perfectly trained. In fact, the reason she has two of them is that they keep each other company when no one's there.

BTW can ye stop the quarreling it's very boring and the abusive stuff is getting on my nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They're back this week I thinks. He's been a little bit quieter but my mum said she's going to complain to the neighbours when they get back t'other neighbour says he's chained up because he's able to escape from the garden...i'll post an update when I have one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I think you need Father Fintan Stack to stay for a while and see how they like it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement