Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECTS credits

• 20-07-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

togheter with modularisation in september 2005, the european student credits system will be introduced in UCD. Does that mean that prior to this, the ECTS system wasnt used, ie my 1st year cannot be credited in this way, only 2nd and 3rd year? I'm beginning 2nd year now in sept.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I thought modularisation was only coming in for the first years? I could be totally wrong, but that's what I was told. Not that they really told the students much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Hmmmmmm Modularisation.......... *22,000 students shrug their shoulders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

*And the incoming freshers scratch their heads in a confused fashion*

P.S. I was under the assumption that we've been graded with ECTS for years. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭GusherING

I'm pretty sure this silly idea only applies to first years, so those of us who are in 2nd year or above are grand. My concern is what effect will these 'horizons' have on the rest of us with regard to our timetable. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I think the incoming freshers know about it dont they? You see, they were actually told about it and how it works. Unlike us....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Modularisation only applies to freshers in 2005/2006. However, students currently going into second year, or those who have completed second year and are not going directly into third year in UCD, be it a gap year, erasmus or whatever, will be modularised on their return for third year.

I'm so glad I'm a year ahead of it all and I can continue in my blissful ignorance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh joy... That should be fun for 3rd year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Oh joy... That should be fun for 3rd year.

meh, were already semesterised, no big deal if we get the choice of some business/arts etc. subjects

and isn't second and third year science already broken up into units??

Yep, 2nd and 3rd science is broken into units, but not every department had semesterised exams (maths physics department is somewhere approaching the definition of living in the past...).
    I kinda like the idea of getting to do other stuff at some stage though... I'd love it if WERRC offered classes to undergrads (womens studies and all of that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

... I'd love it if WERRC offered classes to undergrads (womens studies and all of that)

You can study women?
    Last time I tried that Unicare had words with me! ;)

• Advertisement

Lol... it's feminist theory and all that sort of thing. Not 'OMG boobies', much as our Kas might want that... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Lol... it's feminist theory and all that sort of thing. Not 'OMG boobies', much as our Kas might want that... :p

Damn feminists stealing our wimmen :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Space invaders or some such nonsense. Some wax and a razor, and they'd look like real girls again.

Advertisement