Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Andreas Banned??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Mature is suggested for 17 and older, Adults Only is suggested for 18 and older.

I'm glad now that my wife bought a $9 used copy of GTA:SA from blockbuster less than a week before this whole hubbub :)

I think parents should be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

So... this woman wants FIVE MILLION DOLLARS because SHE bought a MA game for her grandson, that turned out to be 18? TTI should counter-sue (isn't there some frivolous-suit or harrassment-suit or just-plain-goldbricking-suit provision?). The woman should have her house confiscated or something. Harsh, but that'd be the end of a bunch of similar courthouse-as-lottery lawsuits.

To take an example, if she had bought a 2-disc DVD of a film whose theatrical release was 15's, but whose bonus disc had deleted scenes of an 18's nature (this would be marked on the disc, and in fairness probably the box too), and the little **** watched them... she deserves five milllion dollars. No. She deserves a smack upside the head and a battery of tests to determine if she's actually capable of reading the letters MA, and if she knows what the words 'mature' and 'audience' mean. And another smack upside the head. Her claim isn't even that her grandson was affected. She HERSELF claims to have been 'damaged' by this. This woman represents everything wrong with the American legal system.

OTOH, I can see the point of the 'false advertising' charges the FCC are initiating. If it contains AO material, and they marketed it MA, that may well constitute false advertising. It's a technicality, but law is made up of exactly those.

Advertisement