Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to go!

• 20-07-2005 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Honestly this is the one thing that pisses me off the most about some of the people on this show. Ya know the typical soundbites 'I want to leave this place', 'I have to get out of here!', 'I hope I'm the one who gets evicted this Friday'. :rolleyes:

Whether it's genuine sentiment or not I believe there should be a rule made that if you say on more than 2 seperate days to anyone (including BB in the diary room) that 'you want to go' (or words to that effect) then you should be automatically shown the back door to the house with no recourse (and no meet & greet with the public). I think Orlaith and Derek would already be gone if such a rule was in place.

The only guy I ever respected in this regard was Sandy from BB3 (remember him?) who actually followed thru on his claims and did a runner over the fence.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Pigman II wrote:
    The only guy I ever respected in this regard was Sandy from BB3 (remember him?) who actually followed thru on his claims and did a runner over the fence.

Oh yeah I remember him. Great way to make an exit but the man himself was an absolute arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I remember that. The great escape. The only reason Derek is doing it is so he gets attention and that he can get an ego boost when he's not allowed to go, and told sleep on it by BB.

Orlaith should never have gone in there. Some of the messageboards are saying quite horrible stuff - and generalising all Irish women by her actions.

If they say they want to go, they should not be told to sleep on it, but rather "ok, see you, the fire exit it open, you've got 30 seconds to leave".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

On the first Celeb BB Jack Dee made a runner too! He was hilarious, he hated that house| :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I agree with you 100% Pigman. It’s just attention seeking of the highest order, that’s why I like Science so much. He keeps on telling the people that are saying that all the time, to go home if it’s bothering them so much.

It's like working with people who constantly complain that they hate their job yet refuse to do anything about it.
    Bamboozled wrote:
    Orlaith should never have gone in there. Some of the messageboards are saying quite horrible stuff - and generalising all Irish women by her actions.
    I wouldn’t lose too much sleep about what the opinions of some BB forum members are. Most of the people slating her where probably the same people that hailed her as the saviour of the house when she came in first and started slagging off Saskia. Fickle!

btw. Did anybody hear about Max and Saskia getting booed at the Fantastic Four film premiere in London? That made me laugh that did! :D

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I'm not worried about it, but people are generalising. Take Derek and Science - they're generalising that all blacks fit into those two categories - know all or loudmouth. Irish women are being generalised as bimbos that tweak and are only surface shiners. All gays are being generalised as moany, whiny **** that want to turn straights gay, black women are being generalised as vindictive, spiteful bitches.... see where i'm going? Too much generalisation leads to hot heads and irrational arguments on the forums and they're just echoing the arguments in the house.

I heard about the Premiere. Brilliant! It caused a huuuuuuuuuuuge grin here. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

After a reception like that I wonder if Maxwells phone is 'off the hook' today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well generally speaking, people do tend to generalise.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

BB3 was quite good for walk outs. Sunita, the very dull barrister legged it early on too.

The whole "I wan't to leave" thing annoys me every year, but it got so bad earlier on this year I was hoping that the next person who said it in the Diary Room would be evicted on the spot. Now that would have made my day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Pigman II wrote:
    Honestly this is the one thing that pisses me off the most about some of the people on this show. Ya know the typical soundbites 'I want to leave this place', 'I have to get out of here!', 'I hope I'm the one who gets evicted this Friday'. :rolleyes:

Whether it's genuine sentiment or not I believe there should be a rule made that if you say on more than 2 seperate days to anyone (including BB in the diary room) that 'you want to go' (or words to that effect) then you should be automatically shown the back door to the house with no recourse (and no meet & greet with the public). I think Orlaith and Derek would already be gone if such a rule was in place.

Completely agree. You know where the front door is. Would love to see one turfed out on the spot for saying it, preferably Makosi, but maybe that pr!ck Derek, or Craig, ah fcuk it-any of them.

Advertisement