Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest Movie Moment

• 20-07-2005 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

What's the funniest movie moment you've seen?

E.G. In Dumb & Dumber when Harry gets the squirts, that's funny but second only to the moment of realisation as he is told the toilet he just "landscaped" doesn't flush!

Or of course the classic "Biggus Dikkus" scene in Monty Python's Life Of Brian!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hard one! I was in tears in the cinema during Bad Santa when
    Thornton was teaching to kid how to box and everyone was kicking each other in the balls in the boxing ring
    The sex scene in Team America or the
    Dicks, Pussies and Assholes
    speech.
    Anchorman when Jack Black
    kicks Will Ferrell's dog over the bridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I think THE funniest thing I have ever seen in a movie is in Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery, when he is in the john and gets attacked by that Irish dude and the Texan in the cubical beside him thinks he is having a very tough **** LMAO!!!! it always cracks me up, even thinking about it

"WHO.. DOES.. No.2... WORK... FOR!?!?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a moment persay but every time i hear (or even think) of this dialogue from 'Kingpin'.. i always laugh my ass off!

Click here to listen to it!

Kingpin.. possibly the most under-rated comedy ever made!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The mirror scene from Duck Soup.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The mirror scene from Duck Soup.
    It's been done so many times since you envy people who saw that one first.

Oh and many scenes from some like it hot, esp on the beach

• Advertisement

It's been done so many times since you envy people who saw that one first.

Oh and many scenes from some like it hot, esp on the beach
    Luckily I watched all the Marx Brothers films from a young age.. and I can only really remember one terrible version of the gag used in some awful Bette Midler film.. possibly Big Business.

Good call on Some Like it Hot. Also pretty much any film with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't really rate these things, and if I did the top 100 would probably be exclusively Zucker brothers stuff, but for some reason when I saw this thread the spunk-as-hair-gel scene in There's Something About Mary springs to mind. It shouldn't be that funny, but for some reason it was. Very.

On the subject of toilet humour, what was the movie where a guy goes into the jacks just after sex, and ends up spraying wee all over the shop? I thought that was comical, but what really got me was watching all the guys in the cinema turn around to explain it to all the girls.

"Yes, that really does happen."

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Me myself and irene is the film you're thinking of.

My favourite funny bit is in Ace Ventura when nature calls, the bit where he is in the plane and then when he is driving the jeep for the first time.
    theres some...thing.....on the wing......some...........thing
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pedro_el_killio

dumb and dumber when lloyd sees harry drivin away from marys house and he starts to do the dry retch cry thing...i piss myself whenever i see that

in napoleon dynamite when he and his brother kip argue over kip being a cage fighter abd have the bitch fight proving who has better reflexes...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

In Dumb and Dumber.

Harry and the Xfileswoman are having a snowball fight.
    She throws a little snowball and it hits harry.
    Harry then responds by hurtling a snowball at terrifying speed straight back at her.
    You dont see the snowball hit, but the sound effect was legend.
    I cried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Diss

I.....I love lamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hot Shots Part 2, the Entire movie.

Wrongfully accused, Leslie Neilsons The Fugitive skit. Hilarious stuff. Especially the scene where he's framed for murder, he wakes up with an uzi in each hand, a bow and arrow slung around his back, a bandolier of ammo around his waist, grenades, etc....then tries explain its not his and hes been framed.

All of the naked gun movies, especially the part where hes in the bathroom at the huge speech and still has his microphone attached.....austin powers somewhat stole this scene

Something about Mary, when he's fighting the dog....brilliant stuff.

Loads other movies, just can't really think of them.....

Anything with Leslie Neilson gets my vote....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pedro_el_killio

good call mobile infantry

Something about Mary, when he's fighting the dog....brilliant stuff.
    That scene always annoyed me as it was an absolute rip off of a scene that Rik Mayall did in an episode of his "Rik Mayall Presents" series a good few years previously. It was a cat in Mayall's scene.

Also, it was a far more watered down version in There's Something About Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Mear wrote:
    In Dumb and Dumber.

Harry and the Xfileswoman are having a snowball fight.
    She throws a little snowball and it hits harry.
    Harry then responds by hurtling a snowball at terrifying speed straight back at her.
    You dont see the snowball hit, but the sound effect was legend.
    I cried.
    Have to agree, the moment was typical rom-com sweetness...until you see Harry take offence and launch a snowball directly into her face at top speed...classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

The Commitments deserves an honourable mention as it is one film that i can watch over and over and still find it hilarious, especially when the auditions are taking place.

Also in Intermission when the mother and daughter are on the bus talking about the daughter's ronnie and she askes the driver if she has one and his reply is

"well your no Burt Reynolds!, but"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

yom 1 wrote:
    The Commitments deserves an honourable mention as it is one film that i can watch over and over and still find it hilarious, especially when the auditions are taking place.

Also in Intermission when the mother and daughter are on the bus talking about the daughter's ronnie and she askes the driver if she has one and his reply is

"well your no Burt Reynolds!, but"

Ah that was brilliant! To which she responds "Ah, go **** yourself!"

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Saturday Night fever scene in Airplane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Marts wrote:
    I think THE funniest thing I have ever seen in a movie is in Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery, when he is in the john and gets attacked by that Irish dude and the Texan in the cubical beside him thinks he is having a very tough **** LMAO!!!! it always cracks me up, even thinking about it

"WHO.. DOES.. No.2... WORK... FOR!?!?"

na the amount he got for that humourless pile of poo was funnier......

Does anyone else think Austin Powers is rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Yeah, I don't think mike myers is that funny at all. Theres just something that annoys me about him, can't quite put my finger on it tho.

Another class scene is in the last samurai when tom cruise is trying to talk to the soldiers and billy connely "translates" it for him.

"its easy when you speak the language sir" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

that scene in Intermission at the very start when Colin Farrell is chatting to the shop assistant then thumps her in the face, so funny cos you dont expect it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Another one from intermission is when Colm Meaney follows Colin Farrell into the toilet and asks him where he got his black eye from

" your ma, she poked me in the eye with her cock last nite" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Trent Steele

Whole hearted agree with you about Kingpin! A Classic! Bill Murray is brilliant in it! Good call!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Can't go wrong with the baseball game in The Naked Gun, pure slapstick but madly funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I could go on all day about funny moments in films, but whatever Will Ferrell says in anything is always pure gold. Anchorman is one of the funniest films ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Any scene from Team America could be included here. Esp the "everybodys got AIDS" scene. SO very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

A couple of the funniest moments in films to me are from The Wedding Crashers ... people go see it, its brilliant.
    Will Ferrell saying: "Man I almost nun-chucked you"

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Gotta love dodgeball

"You're about as usefull as a c0ck flavoured lollypop."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

The unicorn scene in anchor man was ace, much funnier movie than I thought it would be.

But pretty much any scene in the monty python movies -

How do we know she's a witch?

Are you the judieans peoples front?

Can we have your liver?

Mr Creosote vomiting..

etc etc

Withnail and I when they cook the chicken on a brick, kills me every time, and the dont mix yer drinks scene. fek it, the whole fim!

Spinal Tap - Pod scene,cucumber scene, lick my love pump, cant finger print for vomit. Agian the whole filim

loads more to

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Diss wrote:
    I.....I love lamp.

ROFL - Mayonnaise in the toaster!!

Advertisement