Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest Movie Moment

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

" I was born a poor ,black child"
    Navin Johnson - The Jerk
    Absolute Class, Steve Martin at his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Anything with Leslie Neilson gets my vote....
    Except Scary Movie 3 where he was completely under-used :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Good call on Some Like it Hot. Also pretty much any film with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon.

That part of The Odd Couple when they think Lemmon overdosed, eveybody panics.
    Matthau: "RELAX! He coulda taken vitamins, he could be the healthiest person in the room!

Also Woody Allen, watch Sleeper and take your pick of classic movie moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mynewusername

The bit in Old School when Will Ferrell accidentally shoots himself in the neck with the tranquilliser gun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Trains Planes And Automobiles...Steve martin at the counter to complaion about his rental car that didnt exist...he said f*ck 19 times in 1 minute :D
    only bad thing about the scene was it reminds me that steve martin isnt this funny any more :(

the commitments when Colm Meaney replies to an elvis bashing comment with "ELVIS IS GOD!!!"..colm Meaney in general is a very funny guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Scene from Anchorman in the bearpit

Veronica: About the prompter, It wasn't
    Ron: (interrupts) It wasn't you, was it? I should have known! It was Wes Mantooth...
    Veronica: No, no.. it was me.
    Ron: (shouts) YOU BI*CH!
    Bears wake up
    Ron: You woke them up. Why did you do that?

lmao every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,603 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The bit in old school, where theyre doint the frat trials, and he throws the concrete block down the manhole...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Whole hearted agree with you about Kingpin! A Classic! Bill Murray is brilliant in it! Good call!
    "sometimes when i wake up in the morning, big Ern is already there!"
    Feckin classic film :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Two scenes from Team America for me.
    1. The 'Karate' at the start of the film... excellent
    2. when the actor is asked does he know 'the signal' if he gets in trouble, pure comedic genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

One of my favourites is the Cohen Brothers "Raising Arizona".
    Listen to the attachment for a sample when the lads are robbing a bank (or store) and Gale (John Goodman) tell's everyone to "freeze and get down on the ground" - an old timer questions him...

Link here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Kwizatz Anorak

In Airplane when Lloyd Bridges is giving orders to everyone in the airport and it's capped off by "Your wife is on line 2" and he just picks up the phone saying something like "I want the kids in bed, the dogs put out and leave a note for the milkman 'No More Cheese!!!' " and hangs up straight away - Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Steven Martin pretending to be handicapped to win the lady/sympathy:
    Goes behind the hedge with steps down to the beach gets out of wheelchair, pushes own wheelchair down steps while screaming in terror. She runs after him and finds him slumped on sand with his wheelchair (which he placed there seconds earlier) by his side.

Spinal Tap moments:
    This goes up to eleven,
    D.J.'Where are they now'?
    None more black

Kingpin Bill Murray’s hair: The more intense the bowling comp got the more lunatic his combover got

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Gotta love the scene in The Big Lebowski when he nails a piece of wood in front of his door to stop it from being opened, then falls off his chair when the guys who are after him *pull* the door open to get in :D

I think I ruprtured something first time I saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

"The Lord blows my trumpet"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Big Lebowski - So many great scenes, but i'll stick with:

The Dude: Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
    Malibu Police Chief: Mr. Treehorn draws a lot of water in this town. You don't draw ****, Lebowski. Now we got a nice, quiet little beach community here, and I aim to keep it nice and quiet. So let me make something plain. I don't like you sucking around, bothering our citizens, Lebowski. I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk-off. Do I make myself clear?
    The Dude: [after a pause] I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

and then the coffee cup off his head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 John Doh

Tommy after beating Billy Batts to death:
    Sure, mom, I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning.

Tommy: You know Spider, you're a ****in' mumbling stuttering little prick. You know that?

[Henry, Jimmy and Tommy are digging with shovels to find Batts' corpse. Henry is sickened by the stench, but the others don't appear to be bothered]

Tommy DeVito: Hey Henry, Henry, hurry up will you? My mother's gonna make some fried peppers and sausage for us. Oh hey, Henry, Henry. Here's an arm.

Henry Hill: Very funny, guys.
    Tommy DeVito: Hey, here's a leg. Here's a wing.
    [He laughs]

Tommy DeVito: Hey, what do you like, the leg or the wing, Henry? Or do you still go for the old hearts and lungs?
    [Henry vomits]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭shellspeare

What's the funniest movie moment you've seen?

E.G. In Dumb & Dumber when Harry gets the squirts, that's funny but second only to the moment of realisation as he is told the toilet he just "landscaped" doesn't flush!

Or of course the classic "Biggus Dikkus" scene in Monty Python's Life Of Brian!

When Bambi's mother dies - class :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

When Bambi's mother dies - class :D

That's low :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Spinal tap, when he can't get up during the solo, the "Sure, I"d vote for you, you're the only guy in school with a moustache" from Napoleon Dynimite, the phrase the Duder in the Big Lebowski, If you can dodge a wrench, the muffin man thing in Shrek...So many possibilities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 shewolf

nearly every scene in dumb and dumber, pure classic film - "ya wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" then harry and lloyd start arguing about whos it and ur man reaches for his gun, brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Its not a comedy per se, but I think Pulp Fiction has some of the funniest moments ever. Especially:

"I shot Marvin in the face!"

Also, the bit in the Blues Brothers when the Blues Mobile starts essentially flying and the Illnois Nazis fly off the incomplete freeway. It makes so little sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

loaded weapon when the 2 lads are driving and theres 2 fellas in the back with balacavas an the boys are like "dont look now but were being followed, ill try and lose them" then they pull some mad moves in the car and the two lads are gone."phew we lost them" hot shots when loyd bridges is roarin at the picture on the wall thinkin hes lookin out the window. top class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

loaded weapon when the 2 lads are driving and theres 2 fellas in the back with balacavas an the boys are like "dont look now but were being followed, ill try and lose them" then they pull some mad moves in the car and the two lads are gone."phew we lost them" hot shots when loyd bridges is roarin at the picture on the wall thinkin hes lookin out the window. top class :D

Loaded weapon is class, that part at the start in the convenience store is brilliant.

Scene: Entire store is wrecked and on fire, all Indian guys shouting at Emilio Estevez. "No, No, its okay. Don't thank me, I'm just a cop, doin my job."

Pure hilarity.

Also the part where he walks into his caravan, and outside its tiny, inside hes in a massive hallway with marble pillars and a twenty foot ceiling.

"Yeah, I painted it light colours to make it look bigger."

An honorable mention the to the scene where hes talking about missing Clara so damn much, sob story, etc, then he looks at the photo frame and its a red setter dog. Class.

Advertisement