Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best metal bands to emerge last 3-4 years

Options
  • 20-07-2005 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering who your favourite metal bands who have emerged from recent years are (Even if they were formed before then).
    For me, it's:

American Head Charge
    Chimaira
    Killswitch Engage
    Lamb Of God
    Mastodon
    Mudvayne

For me there isn't a whole lot of future Slayers/Panteras going around but some of my favourite bands have come from recent years.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

must say mastadon or trivium,
    dont get why people like chimaira but its opinion i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I actually didn't like them at first until a friend badgered me into getting their second album, The Impossiblity of Reason, you should give it a listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd say Mithras is the best band to emerge recently.

Mastodon are the only band I'd agree with in your list, Necro.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mastodon and even then...dont think i like any...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

From what I've heard I'd say Lamb of God with Mastodon a close second

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

off hand, i cant think of any really good bands. there's a lot of ****, and some mediocre bands. Mastodon are good i guess; probably the best. saw them live & they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They've been around for longer, but Sonata Arctica and Nightwish for me. Love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ensiferum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Mastodon and Lamb Of God for sure.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Probably Mastodon. Definately CoB if they fit in that category...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

AHC
    Horrorpops
    Lordi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭ShreddedHumans

You are right, there has been no decent new bands in the past 4 years, heavy metal is dead. If this was 15 years ago we could say Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, AC/DC, Judas Priest.

None of those bands were new 15 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Doctor J wrote:
    None of those bands were new 15 years ago.

Thats what i was thinking.

20 years

Only 50% of those bands were new 20 years ago :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

yep..mastodon

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Beneath The Massacre, Dominance Through Impurity, Sleep Terror, Lykathea Aflame, Mithras, Arghoslent, Beheaded, Ion Dissonance, Ephel Duath,(if I can count them) MARTYR (of canada), Coprofago, Deeds of FLesh, Despised Icon, Kronos, Psychotogen, Harakiri, Sikth, Spawn of Possession, Psycroptic, The Red Chord, Vile, Wormed.... I could go on, but it would be pointless. Anyway, all the above bands demolish anything else that's been mentioned so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You left out world renowned Anal Discharge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

To be honest I don't *really* like any of the bands I've heard from the past few years. A lot of it is going in a more hardcore direction and I think it's pretty boring. They all sound the same to me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭hickm4

Beneath the Massacre, just heard them 2 weeks ago, **** me wicked stuff, love to get some more of there stuff, agree with The red Chord also :D l

Beneath The Massacre, Dominance Through Impurity, Sleep Terror, Lykathea Aflame, Mithras, Arghoslent, Beheaded, Ion Dissonance, Ephel Duath,(if I can count them) MARTYR (of canada), Coprofago, Deeds of FLesh, Despised Icon, Kronos, Psychotogen, Harakiri, Sikth, Spawn of Possession, Psycroptic, The Red Chord, Vile, Wormed.... I could go on, but it would be pointless. Anyway, all the above bands demolish anything else that's been mentioned so far :)

i WILL CHECK SOME OF THOSE OUT, I THINK WE HAVE SIMILAR TASTES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Khold

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

Lamb of God and Avenged Sevenfold

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Mastodon and SunnO)))

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sonata Arctica
    Nightwish
    Finntroll
    Ensiferum
    Edguy
    Hammerfall

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Its gotta be Sikth for me.

Unique,talented and refreshing.They`ve moved the genre to a new level and created a sound that is their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

adox wrote:
    Its gotta be Sikth for me.

Unique,talented and refreshing.They`ve moved the genre to a new level and created a sound that is their own.
    I completely agree, no one has ever and i don't think anyone will sound like them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Killswitch engage
    Dragonforce
    Burning Skies
    shadows Fall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Mastodon for sure. Had the pleasure of seeing them again at ozzfest. They ****ing rocked!! Managed to get VIP tickets and watched there set in with the sound guys on the second stage :) Perfect view and sound. It was class...

Leviathan gets better everytime I listen to it...

Advertisement