Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor old Omniplex

• 20-07-2005 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Does anyone go to the Omniplex (Headford Rd) anymore since the arrrival of the EYE Cinema?

If so, WHY???????????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i guess the numbness in your ass after sitting in those crappy seats for 2 hours would be handy for bumsex...

other than that, i can't think of a valid reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i haven't been to the eye yet, is it that much different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

toiletduck wrote:
    i haven't been to the eye yet, is it that much different?

Does a bear shít in the woods?

Omniplex had the monopoly for too long imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

ha ha! ill probably be going there this weekend so ill see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I've no sympathy for them since they stopped putting butter on the popcorn.
    Die Omniplex!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

no butter on the popcorn?
    While I'd like to think its a healthy effort I cant help thinking its yet another cost cutting measure.
    I was in there for the first time since eye & the oranmore cinema opened up.
    They need to remodel the place a bit , new seats new gradient in the cinemas
    the whole obstructed view thing just isnt good enough anymore. I'll be avoiding it from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have been to EYE and it sure is better seats etc than Omniplex but... I live closer to Omni so that usually settles it for me. EYE is simply too far from the centre compared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I go to the one in Oranmore once a week, I love it, even if its frequently deserted....nothing wrong with omniplex at all imo, 5 euro for a ticket, and food is supposedly cheaper then EYE....

Am going to the EYE for the first time EVER next tuesday! I just know I won't be able sleep with excitement the night before.... :p

/Went to a movie with my girlfriend in omni in Oranmore, it was the usual 5 for a ticket, but we were alone in the screen, and the seats were these big leather like moulded ones, with huge trays for your food and stuff....was class! Screen 6 I think it was....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Went to a movie with my girlfriend in omni in Oranmore, it was the usual 5 for a ticket, but we were alone in the screen, and the seats were these big leather like moulded ones, with huge trays for your food and stuff....was class! Screen 6 I think it was....

:eek:

I didn't know the omniplex had a luxuary screen... It's costs E12 for the luxuary screen in the eye...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I usually go the omni if I can't get a lift to the eye. I'd have to get two buses to go from my house to wellpark so to hell with that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

It was the place to bring again when you weren't old enough to go clubbing, many a good film I "watched" in the Omniplex. ;) :cool:

Where is the EYE located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It was the place to bring again when you weren't old enough to go clubbing, many a good film I "watched" in the Omniplex. ;) :cool:
    real classy...
    Where is the EYE located?
    wellpark, opposite the huntsman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

A couple of friends of mine went to the Omni recently cause the film they wanted to see wasn't in the Eye. They were in screen 1 and had the whole place to themselves - how the mighty have fallen.

However, this does address the question that quite often the eye don't show some of the movies that you would expect them to, of if they do they are at silly times.

It's such a nicer cinema though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Billy Kovachy

I go to the omniplex because of hector at the start in eye cinema I believe that is reason enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I go to the omniplex because of hector at the start in eye cinema I believe that is reason enough.

Ahahahaha, true true

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

even tho it's about a half hour's walk i always prefer the eye - it's €1 cheaper, for one, isn't it? plus they don't check to see my student card's expired :p coupled with more comfortable seating, unblocked views of the screen & a ben & jerry's ice cream stand... also, the floor isn't sticky.

tho of course it's pretty hard to eat a few scoops of melting ice cream from a tub in the dark :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Neither the Eye nor Oranmore had "Devil's rejects" so me and my mate graced Headford road Omni with our presence.....

Still doing okay.... i guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Neither the Eye nor Oranmore had "Devil's rejects" so me and my mate graced Headford road Omni with our presence.....

Still doing okay.... i guess!

Yep, twas busy enough around the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

went to the eye cinema once didn't think much of it the place was empty and the food was mank. there was no need for 3 cinemas in galway any time i go now to whichever of them there's never a big crowd half the time in oranmore theres about 3 other people watchin the film with ya. was in omniplex headford road on friday nite and there were two other people there apart from me and my boyfriend you could almost ask them to pause the film if ya wanted to go out during the film. but omniplex have had to drop their prices now its only a fiver for student ticket anytime any day which is cheaper than the eye afaik?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 theLegend

I have been in Deutschland for the summer and I go to the cinema here more often than in galway because of the cost. Tickets here can be more expensive as it depends on where you sit with the cheapest being around 7.50 for a seat that still decent but they do offers like on tuesday u can get a ticket for 4.50, thursdays for 5 and you can buy 5 tickets for 30yoyos and u can sit wherever u want. Food in cinema as expensive as in ireland here but u can sneak in your own 2.60 or 94c for a half litre of coke? And u are allowed drink alcohol in the cinema here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement