Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boo Radleys

Options
  • 21-07-2005 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Myself and a few mates went clubbing there Saturday night and can i just say it was awful. I have no idea whatsoever what we were thinking, but I drank plenty of Sambucha and "danced" the night away.

Just a word of warning avoid this place at all costs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it was a hole of a place 4 years ago. glad to see i haven't missed anything by not going back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

somethings never change, just like kay2 if thats how its spelt, just chruch lane under a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Indeed there are many venues like that in galway that make the skin crawl. Horrible places with plenty of stuck up pretentious clientel (Sp?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i hate boos, everything about it is just wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Only been in the place once, Was after a work do in an pùcan and we were too pissed to make the long walk anywhere else from the one or two blurry memorys i have of the place it truely was a dive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

ARGINITE wrote:
    somethings never change, just like kay2 if thats how its spelt, just chruch lane under a different name.

Kaytoo, I think it's spelty for all the difference it makes. I was there paddies night, it was only just re-opened the night before. the place was packed but the dj's were **** and the people inside were old as hell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

had our engineering party in boos/red square,truely brilliant tbh
    the first time i was there it was one of the worst nights ever but after that all the first year nuig ppl started to go there so i liked it a lot,dont really care about the places themselves.moreso the people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

****hole alright. i used to walk down that way to try and get a cab up college rd. on sat night. the amount of times i saw fighting outside it was mad. lads flaking each other. i remember when it opened first they were strict as ****. stoppin for id. i was 24 at the time, real like halo.clothes had to be right and all. look at it now :D:D

****hole alright. i used to walk down that way to try and get a cab up college rd. on sat night. the amount of times i saw fighting outside it was mad. lads flaking each other. i remember when it opened first they were strict as ****. stoppin for id. i was 24 at the time, real like halo.clothes had to be right and all. look at it now :D:D

Me with a pair of runners on the last day alright and walked in no problem . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Me with a pair of runners on the last day alright and walked in no problem . :D

I second that, wore bright white runners in once.... not even a flinch from any of the bouncers.

Won't be going back in a hurry though, only kind of entertaining, Thursday night during the college term..... kind of.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I went there once, ordered a pint of Smithwicks to take my mind off the horrible music and ugly, irritating people, and promptly gagged on what tasted more like fermented washing detergent than anything else.

Shabby, shabby little dump.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

my lowest point this year was getting refused from boo radleys...and everybody kept coming up to me and saying that they heard it :(

my lowest point this year was getting refused from boo radleys...and everybody kept coming up to me and saying that they heard it :(

:D You poor young looking bastard. :P

lol nah it was the 2 naggins i had in me id say...'go drink some coffee' lol i just went to the other bouncer when sombody else caused a fuss and got in :) then i fell down...:P

Ah well.... You'll have that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

I used to love 90's night there on a wendsday nights during college, fair enough its pretty much a dump and anyone remember when the downstairs bar would have a rotten smell of sh1t, something to do with the dodgy drains but besides that it used to be fierce craic most nights! Is that 90's night still running??

ya it was a few months back anyway...****in hilarious songs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i was walking past it on sunday night (note: with no intention of going in) and it was closed. very mysterious, i thought they opened every night...

i remember it was closed mysteriously one night...oooo eerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 behy

Myself and a few mates went clubbing there Saturday night and can i just say it was awful. I have no idea whatsoever what we were thinking, but I drank plenty of Sambucha and "danced" the night away.

Just a word of warning avoid this place at all costs.

boos is the biggest **** in galway, its full of dirty sluts so ****ing ugly 2, tramp city
    :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

boos = the absolute best and only place for freshers in galway (well it was this year from about oct until may).... absolute dive of a place, but with 3/4 of 1st year cramped up inside there, the craic wasn't all too bad..well, that i can remember :/

ya great first year place for us tbh...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

I spent a lot of first year in boos an enjoyed it thouroughly!! went there less in 2nd year but still once every couple weeks, the drink is stupendously cheap!!! Was there a lot on Rag week, simply cos too drunk to get in anywhere else! 90's night ROCKS!!! Dont know if ill frequent it much in 3rd yr but ill def make an appearance in there freahers week and rag week!

heh 90s night is hilarious :P and cheap double vodka redbulls mmm

cheap double vodka redbulls

Many a good night ruined by those cheap poisons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

strange reading all those bad remaks coz a few of my friends religiously go to boos every week during college and say how brilliant the place is.. havnt been there myself but must go and check it out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

It is good for 1st and maybe 2nd year of college. Lots of similarly aged people etc.

it was quite good for first year but now i live with different people with different tastes so i guess i won't be setting foot in there...

it was quite good for first year but now i live with different people with different tastes so i guess i won't be setting foot in there...

The smell will be enough to burn your nostrils and melt your clothes.....

HONESTLY!!!! WHO TAKES A A BIG CRAP IN THEIR PANTS IN THIS DAY AND AGE? I'LL TELL YOU! LADS WHO GO TO CPS!!!!

BTW, i'm against CPS or anything! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

People who go to either for any length of time either don't know any better, or had the "good taste" centres of their brains removed from accidents or other medical reasons.

Advertisement