Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nope. I don't think so

• 21-07-2005 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

"Welcome to the forum NickyOD. I would appreciate it if you would quit your whinging, we have day jobs, it has been less than a day since you had your second sponsor and I have been busy, I have not had a day off as suggested just have not had a chance to check boardsie today. I'd like to say that I am looking forward to your input but if todays antics are anything to go by...

BTW jimbling and Culchie, you are banned from the soccer access requests forum for breach of the charter.

Culchie, not a good start to your term on the soccer forum, you have been banned from the access requests forum. You are a member 5 1/2 hours after your second sponsor. If that is not performant enough for you please leave a note with the admins who will I am sure give me a good dressing down for not keeping you happy.

I've changed my mind. You can remove me from the Soccer forum. I wasn't whinging and I didn't mind waiting. I was joking. I shouldn't have to instert sarcasm tags into every post but perhaps I do for those with no sense of humour. Culchie was only sharing in the joke. I'm entered into the fantasy league but I've no interested posting in a forum where moderators don't know how to take posts in the nature they are intended and I seriously do not like being patronised by a clown like you on a power trip and take exception to mods who speak to posters like they are little children.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ah new blood eh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

What a stupid thread............................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

[/highhorse]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

NickyOD wrote:
    I've changed my mind. You can remove me from the Soccer forum. I wasn't whinging and I didn't mind waiting. I was joking. I shouldn't have to instert sarcasm tags into every post but perhaps I do for those with no sense of humour. Culchie was only sharing in the joke. I'm entered into the fantasy league but I've no interested posting in a forum where moderators don't know how to take posts in the nature they are intended and I seriously do not like being patronised by a clown like you on a power trip and take exception to mods who speak to posters like they are little children.

Thanks for clearing that up Thanx 4 fish, at least someone communicated with me via the private message service directly...... not.

I know 'the other member' very well. Nicky O'Dea from Limerick, and we were having a bit of banter, that's all....I'm sure you can see the thread yourself, I can't unfortunately beacuse I am banned !!!

It's a sad day for boards, if we can't have a sense of humour.

I'm sure Tom Murphy (DeVore) didn't have this type of censorship in mind for boards.ie.

Are you a some sort of humourless power freak or what?

Regards

Culchie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Though I was on the soccer forum but must be mistaken! this must be the humour one??? wait it isnt! God Im confused!! maybe tell us why Culchie was banned?

Oh yeah Culchie if you are banned then how can you post here???? me gets more confused!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

and can someone tell me why I was banned if you dont mind....

wait a minute... i just posted on the soccer forum... so am i banned or no??

Ah I see... its the access request im banned from.... oh well...

Culchie was banned from the access threads it seems for this little episode yesterday on the access thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=451

I apologise for not giving you the exact thread, but I'm banned :rolleyes: , but shouldn't be too hard to find.

ThanX 4 Nothing .....I've dedicated a thread to you in the free world

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=281012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Whats funny is you say you weren't whinging and then start a thread to whinge about it. If you had some class you would have left silently, but alas.
    The funniest thing howver, is that you don't even realise this

pathetic.

I agree totally

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    Whats funny is you say you weren't whinging and then start a thread to whinge about it. If you had some class you would have left silently, but alas.
    The funniest thing howver, is that you don't even realise this

No, I think you are wrong.

He set up a thread to highlight the daft approach being taken by moderators with no sense of humour.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The joy on the nanny state that is now the soccer forum ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The first thing you saw when you load up the page is below, and yet what did you do......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Culchie wrote:
    He set up a thread to highlight the daft approach being taken by moderators with no sense of humour.

It should have been done on the Feedback fourm or in private to the Mod, pointless posting it here imo.

All done and dusted now.

Thanks for your mature input PHB.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

PHB is right Culchie, in fairness to Thanx4 it states it clearly not to post anything else bar the access request itself, anything else and you get banned (not exact wording!!) so he has every right to ban you.

I think you could do yourselves a favour and blow away this thread, power trip or no power trip you are only going to make things worse for yourselves.

I said it was done and dusted. Over .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

yop wrote:
    PHB is right Culchie, in fairness to Thanx4 it states it clearly not to post anything else bar the access request itself, anything else and you get banned (not exact wording!!) so he has every right to ban you.

I think you could do yourselves a favour and blow away this thread, power trip or no power trip you are only going to make things worse for yourselves.

I just recently joined the soccer forum... and I did read the charter etc before posting in the access request forum. But from memory (because I am banned and cant access the charter now) I thought the rule was that if you post on an access request thread then it is an automatic sponser... I dont recall any banning threat or anything like that.

Also, although I agree with your points phb and yob.... if it is the right move for culchie and nicky to winge in private to the moderators... shouldn't you do the same thing. I mean breaking the access request forum by forgetting that there is a rule like that isnt why you brought it in... it was to get rid of rude ignorent people... a quiet pm to tell me to not do it again would be quite enough I would think...

but as everyone else said done and dusted....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I dont actual sponsor people because of this sort of thing....if you sponsor someone and they turn out to be an idiot then you get banned as well.....which happened because so many people where just sponsoring people and not checking there background! ......most of the time I will only read the thoughts of people I recognize since I have been on the forum for the last few years...e.g. Bannor, PHB, kaids, Big Ears and so on!!! this is because of the amount of tripe sometimes put on here(althou my comments on Shef Wed mite be seen as tripe by alot of people :D )

Wish people would just calm down or the soccer forum will get shut down like before!! which killed me because there is nothing better than coming into work and having a good read!!

Big Nelly wrote:
    I dont actual sponsor people because of this sort of thing....if you sponsor someone and they turn out to be an idiot then you get banned as well.....which happened because so many people where just sponsoring people and not checking there background! ......most of the time I will only read the thoughts of people I recognize since I have been on the forum for the last few years...e.g. Bannor, PHB, kaids, Big Ears and so on!!! this is because of the amount of tripe sometimes put on here(althou my comments on Shef Wed mite be seen as tripe by alot of people :D )

Wish people would just calm down or the soccer forum will get shut down like before!! which killed me because there is nothing better than coming into work and having a good read!!

OK, very last post on this subject.

Big Nelly, I have been a member of boards for quite a while, and don't see myself as a messer, or posting tripe.

You are perfectly free to check my background, it will stand up to scrutiny I'm quite sure.

Hands Up, I did not read the charter, so I did not see the post about posting on other people threads. Mia Culpa.

However, some sort of PM or e-mail would have solved that issue. If you read the thread in question, it was good natured banter, not a bad word expressed. Banning someone for having a sense of humour is a little heavy handed.

I support Nottingham Forest for christakes, so I need one. Not as bad as you, being an owls fan, but nonetheless..... :)

And, to finish off, I got sponsored by people who know me (in a virtual world anyway), so I'm not such a bad chap....not an "idiot", just have a sense of humour.

Done and Dusted. please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I'm an administrator on 2 other forums and must have 10,000 posts on combined forums over the last few years including 800 on the boards poker forum. It was the moderator who set the pretence of making personal comments in the public forum so there should be no problem with me making my comments here. If he had IMed me privately then I would have done the same. It is his job to allow people to have their say, not to degrade them for breaking minor rules first time out. There may be a charter outlining the rules but its quite pathetic that someone gets both belittled and banned for such a trivial matter. It was just banter!! Its one thing for a mod to ban people, but to degrade people is another matter entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Big Nelly wrote:

I would have thought coming into work and getting a hand job from a female colleague would be better than that. But one can only dream.

In fairness, what amused me most was the reply by DeVore in that thread on Poker about this fiasco. Apparently the soccer forum was full of "Hooligans" in the past and that its totally different now? I dont see how, its just the same crowd now as then really. As I remember, myself, jank and The Muppet along with Pigman and Zener got the chop back in the turbulent few weeks last April/May. Aren't we all accessed up and posting away now quite happily?

The best thing about the Soccer forum now is that there is none of the bullcrap "Alco Ferguson" "Wenger is gay" "Arsenal are crap" type threads and thats not thanks to the Access business at all.

Its more because, and this is just my opinion, the mods have done a super job and Gandalf has to be brought in on that. I've never really gotten on with any of them or had much discussion, but they have clearly explained the rules, stuck to their guns on every issue and now the community on this board nows the boundaries. Things are fairly hunky dory around here because everyone discusses soccer very reasonably.

So after all that, what I'm saying to Culchie, Nicky and the other new lads is, welcome along fellas, but down slag off the mods of the Soccer Forum, who are probably a collection of the best on boards. Theyve done a lot of hard work and the forum is now a great one. If you dont like it, you know what to do. I would certainly recommend just sticking around and chatting for a bit first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

NickyOD wrote:
    There may be a charter outlining the rules but its quite pathetic that someone gets both belittled and banned for such a trivial matter.

Hardly trivial. If the Soccer Access forum wasnt strictly for ACCESS REQUESTS ONLY, then you would have soccer discussion kicking off in there, them you would have the old skool flame wars kicking off and there would just end up being hassle.

Its quite a simple system, post your access request, stfu for about 1 day max, then come on in and chat away to your hearts content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Soccer forum - soccer debate

Not a place for measuring cocks(wit wise), use msn messanger if you want lively banter with someone.

Tom who :D

good girl, now enjoy the forum

Topic Over long ago Meditraitor, all moved on now.

Thanks for you input though. Hope you feel better now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

NickyOD, If you read the charter you would realise that outbursts like this can get you banned.

Not only will you get banned but me and Dub13 will get banned too. Your posts were fine up to this point which is why I sponsered you. Thanks 4 the Fish said you were whinging, but if you have an issue with him then PM him explaining your complaint instead of letting the whole of boards know about this and thus getting yourself, Dub13 and I banned.

We showed faith in you so you should repay us by keeping a clean record on the Soccer Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

NickyOD wrote:

Request granted. You are welcome to apply for access again if you wish I have no interest in any of this TBH there are rules for a reason and if somebody chooses to break them then why should I take the abuse as a result ?

Thread on poker forum.. As a stick in the mud I am leaving the thread open. Anybody who wishes to slate mods some more can feel free, that's what the mods are here for after all.

Have a nice day,

BTW NickyOD is not banned so no repercussions on sponsors.

Thanx

Well this has given me a bit of a bad name. Thank God the reputation points system is not in place anymore.

As was already said andy, no repercussions, no reason to think that this would reflect badly upon you.

• Advertisement

I know but I sense something among a few members saying "Ah andy you should be banned from the Access Request Forum for making a bad choice,"

But it's only me. Thanks anyway T4TF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

this thread was bad, but understandable. Having a cry in the poker forum to get sympathies from your "mates" is pathetic!

haha, you sad tosser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

So let me get this straight...Culchie is banned..?.......NickyOD requested to be removed from the forum and T4TF said 'Request Granted' but later in the post said 'BTW NickyOD not banned'.........

Is this the gist of it ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So let me get this straight...Culchie is banned..?.......NickyOD requested to be removed from the forum and T4TF said 'Request Granted' but later in the post said 'BTW NickyOD not banned'.........

Is this the gist of it ?

he was removed, but not banned. I dont think he will be able to post. but he can try and get access again straight away.

Not quite. Nicky is not banned, he requested that his access be removed and so it was. Since he was not banned, it has not impacted his sponsors.

Culchie is a member of soccer but not of Access requests.

- And I would have got away with it too if it weren't for those damn kids. -

T4TF I think there is no point in keeping this thread open. Imo you and talla are doing a great job on one of the busiest forums on boards. Although he is doing a fantastic job, I think talla should appear more on the board as his input is crucial whenever you are not around. I know he may be busy with work and what not. But then I suggest that perhaps another moderator should be installed. Frequent posters such as eirebhoy, kdjac or Big Ears.

• Advertisement

This is already under discussion andy we are looking to install somebody before the start of the season, I am getting less busy again now though, major release over the last months so I have had less time on boards. One way or the other normal services will be resumed over the coming days and weeks.

Thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

One serious thing to come out of this thread is that some people only read stuff posted by people they "know"? WTF???

Advertisement