Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleansing a Ouija Board?

Options
  • 21-07-2005 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

First off can i just say hi, am usually just on the Paranormal Board but its about time i popped over for a visit!

I'm just asking for advise as I am about to purchase a Ouija Board on ebay (haven't picked one yet though) and i was wondering if anyone here could suggest maybe a cleansing prayer or ritual (for want of a better word) to cleanse any negative or residual energy which maybe attached to a possible second hand board?

My knowledge of these things is limited to say the least but have had paranormal experiences for the last 17 years. I have a deep found respect for for any art or belief structure which in based in love and a respect for all forms of energy (life if you will).

I am aware of the cleansing properties of sage and the burning of it to clear an area of negative energy is a common practice in my life and my interaction with spirits. Saying that i have never had to cleanse an object..... any advise?

I hope in asking this i havent thread on old topics or offended anyone as i am not set to any one set of beliefs myself.

6th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The best way to clense a ouija board is to break it into little pieces, poor some lighter fluid over it, and then set it on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes there are things that can be done to clean objects.
    It depends on what it is, what it was used for and what it will be used for.

Honestly I cant give you any better advice then what Talliesin has said
    in light of what your talking about. Sorry I cant give you advice to clean something like that knowing it maybe then used and cause harm.

It's also hard to see the point, it'd be like cleaning a shovel before you start shovelling dung with it.

Okay, so you might want to get rid of anything lingering from previous uses, but surely the whole point of buying a board from Ebay is that it's already been used and it has lingering energies or even lingering spirits and that this makes more "spooky" and better for scaring yourself with.

Otherwise you'd just start with a clean board. I'm half-tempted to say that if you're stupid enough to spend money on one I'll make it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

First off, thanks to everyone for the honest and sincere replies, including the pm's i got. In my opinion, ouija boards are not nessecerily "evil" it would depend on the frame of mind of the person(s) using it, i am sure it could be a extremely useful and affective tool if used correctly. However even if i never used it i would still like to own an original Parker Brother's Ouija Board (they own the rights to the name Ouija) as a collectors item One way i would say it is dangerous is when people become addicted to them and use them all the time.

As for making one, thats no problem seeing as i have a degree in fine art majoring in sculpture, its not lasziness though as i said i'd just like to own an original which was funnily enough marketed as a toy.

6th

dublin6th wrote:
    First off, thanks to everyone for the honest and sincere replies, including the pm's i got. In my opinion, ouija boards are not nessecerily "evil" it would depend on the frame of mind of the person(s) using it, i am sure it could be a extremely useful and affective tool if used correctly. However even if i never used it i would still like to own an original Parker Brother's Ouija Board (they own the rights to the name Ouija) as a collectors item One way i would say it is dangerous is when people become addicted to them and use them all the time.

As for making one, thats no problem seeing as i have a degree in fine art majoring in sculpture, its not lasziness though as i said i'd just like to own an original which was funnily enough marketed as a toy.

6th

yes people collect all sorts of odd things.
    But there is a difference between having an item for novelty and
    collect occult items for possible use when
    you have no idea to the history of the object
    who used it,
    with what intent,
    what has happened to it,
    and not being aware enough
    or having being lucky to have the skills to read the engery or history of the object.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

ok points taken, i'll make one for myself. I genuinely appreciate the advise here. And have another topic to post here in the near future, i'll already hoping for a positive response to that one!

dublin6th wrote:
    In my opinion, ouija boards are not nessecerily "evil"
    Not a term I would use for any tool.
    dublin6th wrote:
    it would depend on the frame of mind of the person(s) using it, i am sure it could be a extremely useful and affective tool if used correctly.
    How is that exactly? What are you doing for protection?
    dublin6th wrote:
    As for making one, thats no problem seeing as i have a degree in fine art majoring in sculpture, its not lasziness
    Writing the alphabet on a piece of cardboard will work just as well, or just as badly in any case.
    dublin6th wrote:
    i'd just like to own an original which was funnily enough marketed as a toy.
    I wouldn't mind owning one of those myself, but I wouldn't use it. Why not just contact the spirits directly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Rothen

Why bother cleanse a board. I'd say use it as I don't believe that the boards with your help actually contact the dead. It is your brain doming it subconciously ...or a mate taking the piss. Your best bet is to got a graveyard, pour a libation or two and ask for one to come to you.

That is why most graveyards are locked and closed suring the hours of dark
    Rothen.
    Oh and never summon or invite anything to or into you or your home you would
    have issues if they decided to stay for a while and meet your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Rothen

*laughs* is that advice to me or him?

As for the graveyard, even though I was half joking, its not too hard to jump the relatively small gate or wall, but this is stepping out of the legal, so I'll stop there.

• Advertisement

Rothen wrote:
    *laughs* is that advice to me or him?

for anyone that may read it :)

Advertisement