Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thursday's Views & Picks

• 21-07-2005 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi All,

The ground at Sandown Park is good to firm with firm places and they have a first race time of 1410.

The best race on offer is a competitive listed fillies' race at 1515 where Mick Kinane's mount Vague is the most likely winner. She ran way above expectations when finishing runner-up at Royal Ascot and should only need to repeat that form to win.

The National Hunt action at Uttoxeter begins at 1435 and the ground is good to firm. Tony McCoy, who had a frustrating day at Worcester yesterday, has five rides and should be successful aboard Ericas Charm in the 1650.

Bath's card gets under way at 1420 and the ground is firm with hard places. Waterline Twenty in the 1455 should not mind the ground.

It is ladies' evening at Folkestone where the racing begins at 1815.

The ground is good to firm with firm places but that will not inconvenience Boo in the 1815 who is looking to complete a hat-trick of victories.

Doncaster begins at 1830 and races on good to firm. The best bet of the day is Lysandra in the 1800.
    Sir Micheal Stoute's string have hit top form recently and this filly looks to be improving judged on her most recent success at Newbury. The season's leading jockey Robert Winston takes the ride.

To-day's Fun Bet might be a profitable E/W double @ Sandown
    SANDOWN 3.15 HANOONA
    SANDOWN 5.00 Macabre

Godd Luck with all your bets

P.S: Revo ( Blah,Blah) Have sent message to moderator of B.O.T.B
    You have been forwarned....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

My picks at Sandown today:

2:45 Music Teacher: 3rd

5 Furlongs definitely looks like the trip for Music Teacher, the step up in trip last time out didn't seem to suit. She's been 1st and 3rd in her 2 outings over the minimum trip. The receipt of 8lb from Quality Street could well prove the difference today as the two recorded similar times at Bath over 5 Furlongs on G/F ground. Not too sure what to make of Diamond Katie being dropped back in trip after having all 6 runs over 6 furlongs.

3:15 Vague LAY LOST, therefore I won

Vague looks well underpriced at 15/8 and would have to be a lay for me, with 7 or 8 possible winners the price it way too short and I'm quite happy to lay this one. Mick Channon's Hanoona beat her easily on their debut run. There are too many possible winners so I probably won't back anything to win, if I were pressed I would recommend small EWstakes on Dizzy Dreamer and Hanoona, both should be available at greater than 10/1. But as I said my main bet is to lay Vague.

3:50 Regents Secret (NAP) 7th, very disappointing run

Regents secret was just prevented from running up a hat trick by Anthemion last time out at Hamilton. Anthemion has since boosted the form by winning again. The pair finished 8 lengths clear of the 3rd in that race. Regents Secret runs off a 1lb lower mark today so must have an outstanding chance. I'll also have a place only bet on Master Cobbler at around 10/1.

4:20 Bulwark 3rd

I'll take the tactical brilliance of Mick Kinane to overcome hot favourite Baddam here. Bulwark has been in sparking form culminating in victory at Yarmouth last time and must go close in what looks a 2 horse contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keiran fallon

Hanoona certainly looks a great e/w bet for sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Some more selections, this time at Bath

2:55 Waterline Twenty 1st

Won debut over course and distance, then went on two have two respectable efforts in a Group 2 and listed race. Is currently 5/4 which looks a decent price for a 4 horse race.

4:00 Madrasse 1st

Easily the best in on official ratings, has won on firm ground and ground over 5 furlongs and also has the benefit of title chasing Jamie Spencer on board.

All in all a decent enough day, with 3 selections from 6 coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

nice tip on the Lay on the 3:15 MasterK.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

Hi All,

The National Hunt action at Uttoxeter begins at 1435 and the ground is good to firm. Tony McCoy, who had a frustrating day at Worcester yesterday, has five rides and should be successful aboard Ericas Charm in the 1650.

Thanks for that made a nice little sum :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement