Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full Driving Licence How Long?

Options
  • 21-07-2005 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

I know that a question like this has probably been asked in the past but the search tool isn't working for me today for some reason. I also tried looking it up on the oasis.gov.ie website but still could not find an answer.

I have recently passed my driving test and I was wondering how long does it take to receive your Full Driving Licence after you apply in the Office?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

A couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Took me about 3 days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Took mine less then a week but suppose it depends on how busy it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depends on how you apply for it. I did it by post to Wicklow Co. Co. 4 years ago and it took 6 weeks to get to me :rolleyes:. Did it (walk-in) in Nutgrove later on after I moved back to Dublin and it took less than two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Thanks guys appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Is cork the only place where they process your application if you call in and give you your license there and then?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

alias no.9 wrote:
    Is cork the only place where they process your application if you call in and give you your license there and then?
    Seems to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

alias no.9 wrote:

I got mine done on the spot in Nutgrove, it was a renewal/update of categories and he asked if I wanted it done then so I waited 5 minutes while he processed it and printed/laminated the new licence right in front of me.

Really it's no wonder they're a pice of piss to forge, pink paper through laser printer, photo stuck on with tape and the lamination done by hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

John R wrote:
    I got mine done on the spot in Nutgrove, it was a renewal/update of categories and he asked if I wanted it done then so I waited 5 minutes while he processed it and printed/laminated the new licence right in front of me.

Really it's no wonder they're a pice of piss to forge, pink paper through laser printer, photo stuck on with tape and the lamination done by hand.
    Must have been recently? If so, this is good news that they're doing them in-house instead of sending them to Shannon or wherever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

I also recently passed a test, well, passed the test over a month ago, recently sent in for the licence. It spent the first tow of the last three weeks sitting on somebodies desk because they had been doing training.

It took six phone calls and four days to get it.

It would probaly still be in there in two years time had I not kicked up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mine took about a week but that was over three years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

seamus wrote:
    Must have been recently? If so, this is good news that they're doing them in-house instead of sending them to Shannon or wherever.

Last year, don't really know why as a month earlier I had got a provisional the usual way; applied in person, licence posted out a week or so later. AFAIR it was posted from Dublin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

seamus wrote:

Nutgrove is closed so it wasn't recent.

Policy is no on the spot issues unless proof of foreign travel or v.soon test date.
    They are posted as proof of address.

The length of time is v.dependent on back log. Nutgroves closure is having a knowck on effect in all other offices. Nutgrove will reopen midseptember.

Advertisement