Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband any good ???

• 21-07-2005 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭

NTL broadband is available in my area now I am currently with UTV what do people think of NTL. I see there were some problems after the recent upgrage have these been sorted out now.

should i go with NTL ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

cdebru wrote:
    NTL broadband is available in my area now I am currently with UTV what do people think of NTL. I see there were some problems after the recent upgrage have these been sorted out now.

should i go with NTL ??

Personally, I think it's great. I have had a lot of the other Broadband providers but none of them compared to the reliability and speed of NTL. I hear the support is horrendous, but I have never had to call them so I can't comment on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

cdebru wrote:

should i go with NTL ??

plent of thread on peoples opinion of NTL !! but what area are you in NTL are oversubscribed in many areas of D15 and the inner city !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'm near Christchurch (Temple Bar side), I had problems with NTL after the upgrade but none for months. I would recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Unless they oversell and the node in your area is too congested....search for Dublin 15......

This is the largest drawback to using cable BB in other areas with such a large takeup in HSI technology(US/UK).

You should be fine though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Id have to recommend it. Its pretty solid around the D24 area and they dont bug you for using your bandwidth.

Zero support though. If it goes down you are on your own.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

As long as you don't live in D15, then it is great and I highly recommend.

I have upgraded from Netsource DSL to NTL and I haven't looked back.

I'm paying a lot less for a better product (3m @ €45) and I'm, even getting the analogue TV service free for 12 months :)

Superb.

BTW I have found NTL's sales and CS staff to be excellent, the best I have ever experienced, they were friendly and knowledgable. I think peoples complaints about their CS staff is in the past, they have improved greatly in the last 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Bk,

How did you manage to swing the free telly for 12 months? Im moving to Kiltipper in a few weeks and have the option of NTL Broadband there (yay for 3m for 45 quid!). Would like to be as knowledgeable as possible when i ring them to order about special offers and all that stuff.

Thanks,

Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

thanks for the replies

I am in dublin 13 i have no idea what the take up is like here

i have an appointment for installation next week i was going to go for the 2mb service

yeah i dont have any NTL at all so i am getting the 12 months analogue package free as well

Advertisement