Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Content

Options
  • 21-07-2005 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for some info on site content. I'm designing a site for a friend who want to be able to update the site himself, like recent news and upcoming events n stuff. I've seen a few sites with a forum type effect on the main page of the site, here's an example www.mint-clan.com, I want to get the same kind of effect. Anyone got any ideas how this is done?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

you can use a website portal or a CMS to get news and updates posted onto the homepage of the site WKD.

I'm using www.mamboserver.com at the moment as a content management system. It takes a bit of getting used to but its obvioius that it was designed well for the back-end user.

Rollo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 greysquirel

In order to do something similiar to this, you'll have to use some sort of database for storing the latest news, reviews etc... and provide and interface for adding content to the tables.

I'm not to sure what your ability it is, but http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/ has all the code you need. Hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The simplest way to do it is to install a blog app like WordPress or MovableType and use that as a rudimentary Content Management System.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I agree with Dahamsta, a blog would be probably be your best bet. You have control over the appearence of the blog and can easily create your own template or modify an excisting one. www.wordpress.org are the most popular choice (it would seem).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 WKD

Thanks guys, looking into all of it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement