Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim Free Blackberry

• 21-07-2005 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question, is it possible to get a sim-free Blackberry, and if so, where?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try eBay, or Expansys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Vodafone sell me BlackBerry 7100v for 265 +VAT. sim free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Cool, guys thanks.

This is for a present where the person's network is unknown. Is it wise to buy the Blackberry/other PDA without a sim -- will a 'normal' sim from the person's previous 'normal' phone work,or will they have to get a new sim anyway?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

On vodafone for any customers on post pay it is straight forward to "provision" the existing mobile number sim for BlackBerry use. I've done it loads of times. Sometimes you have a little grief getting the setup correct. The cost is around 25 euro per month for Blackberry email use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Once they are on Vodafone or O2, they will be fine, as they both support Blackberry.
    Since the 7100 is used on both networks it is prob best to choose that model. But I'd definetly recommend buying it from teh network they are with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement