Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Switches

Options
  • 21-07-2005 12:04pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With 3 com switches I can get a quick list of the MAC's on each port. Using their transcend program I can also get the list matched to IP addresses and even DNS names.

Is there any way of doing this with powerconnect switches via either the web or telnet ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

think not, had a look at my 8 port Gb one once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Wandering Dazed

Depends on which Powerconnect it is, but in exec mode the command "show arp" should give you the info you want.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

might try that, but I'm trying to track down MAC's to ports without having to walk through each port one at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

If the switch can do SNMP - www.adventnet.com do a nice switch port mapper gizmo which has a free trial :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Wandering Dazed

afaik the show arp should show all learned mac addresses on all forwarding ports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement