Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS settings for BT?

• 21-07-2005 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

I had to reinstall my OS and i forgot to take note of my BT DNS settings. I need to include DNS settings as i'm havinf problems browsing to certain sites. (microsoft.com, boards.ie) etc. etc.

Thanks in advance
    Flop

PS I'd phone BT help desk but i had an arguement with a guy last time i called ;-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

BT DNS Servers

What did you say to the BT rep???
    They get very pissed off when you ask them for their name if they are unhelpfull...and they must give it....hahaha!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

IP - 192.168.1.33
    Sub - 255.255.255.0
    DG- 192.168.1.1

Primary DNS - 192.111.39.1
    Seconday DNS - 192.111.39.4

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

Thanks Vunderground/Zuma for the Settings.

Well to cut a long story short i phoned up the helpdesk asking for either a http proxy name and/or DNS setting as i was having problems connecting to sites i knew were not down. (e.g. microsoft.com/boards.ie) The chap "hadn't a clue" asked me to turn of my firewall and antivirus software and retry the sites. I explained to him i has everything configured correctly plus went into a bit of theory as to why i needed the above settings then he got very abrupt with me. I asked him for his name and his managers name.

I never sent in a complaint as i had cooled off a bit (and i wanted to give the guy a break), but i really can't see how that guy made it past the interview process.

Cheers
    Flop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

flop wrote:
    Thanks Vunderground/Zuma for the Settings.

Well to cut a long story short i phoned up the helpdesk asking for either a http proxy name and/or DNS setting as i was having problems connecting to sites i knew were not down. (e.g. microsoft.com/boards.ie) The chap "hadn't a clue" asked me to turn of my firewall and antivirus software and retry the sites. I explained to him i has everything configured correctly plus went into a bit of theory as to why i needed the above settings then he got very abrupt with me. I asked him for his name and his managers name.

I never sent in a complaint as i had cooled off a bit (and i wanted to give the guy a break), but i really can't see how that guy made it past the interview process.

Cheers
    Flop

He is probable a relation of someone in BT.
    Im not kidding....that way of obtaining low level jobs is still VERY common in Ireland!!!

Advertisement