Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Britney Spears

Options
  • 21-07-2005 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I think its about time that somebody stood up for Britney Spears! It is so unfair all the bad press she has been getting in the past few months. I remember when everyone loved Britney, what happened? What did she do to you that was so bad? Its like totally unfair. :mad: I am sick to death of reading that she is a hill billie or an American Chav, Gold Jewellery and track suits does not instantly make you a chav! Her stylist makes her wear that stuff anyway. She is a lovely person NOT A CHAV!! I was discusted to find this on www.chavscum.co.uk

What can I say about Britney? If she wasn't so loaded, she'd probably be a guest on Jerry Springer. She appealed to chavs everywhere by marrying Kevin Federline in a ceremony where they wore matching white tracksuits. At the reception they had Hamburgers and Fried Chicken... basically Maccy D's and KFC, the chavs favourite!

Give the poor girl a break, she is only fat because she is pregnant! She is beginning to get as hard a time as Michael which is totally unfair. Without them we wouldn't have pop! Tell me honestly do you think this girl looks like a chav?

britney_spears25.jpg

I think not!!!! I am really upset that people could be so horrible. This is a plea to stop putting her down, I'm sure at some point you have heard a song by Britney and thought to yourself 'yeah, this is pretty catchy' and had a little dance? eveyone has... don't lie!

Ok rant over. It had to be said. This girl makes the poppin world go round!

Britney-Spears-024.jpg

GOOOOOOOO BRITNEY!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Diss

She is an attention seeking hoe now.

Look into your heart. You know it to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Diss wrote:
    She is an attention seeking hoe now.

Look into your heart. You know it to be true.

She is a pop star! and gets the WELL earned attention. She isn't a hoe! She got married once she found out she was pregnant so the baby is born into wedlock. Its all totally above board.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

next you'll be telling us she's the next big thing since Pink Floyd
    sorry buddy
    I've always kept my respect for the people who worked their asses off to become real musicians and not manufactured ones

I wouldn't call her a star anymore.

She's a pop person. Who is willing to let her record company do anything to her to boost her failing career.

Beruthiel wrote:
    sorry buddy
    I've always kept my respect for the people who worked their asses off to become real musicians and not manufactured ones

Oh come on! Britney worked her ass off to get where she is! she trained from child hood. Who is Pink Floyd? Probably some stupid rocker who only picked up a guitar as opposed to getting a real job when he left school.

Britney deserves more respect than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

What happened is people lost whatever respect they had for her, When she got drunk and married her whats-his-name childhood friend, it was attention seeking to get publicity. The picture of her with Michael Jackson is when she was still successful, she has let herself go since.

Fairplay to her if she has a child with Kevin and they grow up to be one, big,happy family but with celebrities such as Britney I would imagine this hard to succeed in. Just my 2cents..

Feelgood, you hurt my brain.

What happened is people lost whatever respect they had for her, When she got drunk and married her whats-his-name childhood friend, it was attention seeking to get publicity. The picture of her with Michael Jackson is when she was still successful, she has let herself go since.

Fairplay to her if she has a child with Kevin and they grow up to be one, big,happy family but with celebrities such as Britney I would imagine this hard to succeed in. Just my 2cents..

Let herself go??? the girl got pregnant, give her a break. Ok big deal ... she got drunk SHE IS HUMAN, got drunk and fell in love. It happens to everyone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

[QUOTE=Dr.FeelgoodBritney worked her ass off to get where she is![/quote]

I presume you mean literally?
    hence the reason she a chav ;)

Who is Pink Floyd?

troll!!

got drunk and fell in love. It happens to everyone.
    Yeah, I always need to get hammered right before I tell someone how I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Beruthiel wrote:
    sorry buddy
    Quite right. But I still would. Until her teeth rattled.

And in fairness, most of the songs, whilst obviously not written by herself have been good pop tunes. Considering the market she's in - and it ain't Rock-Gods'r'us, a comparison with Pink Floyd is over the top; I'd also be wary of mentioning her in the same sentence as Led Zepplin - although obviusly I just have :D

However in the manufactured pop market given the choice between the dirge produced by manufactured 'stars' over here - westloaf, et al - I'll, er, plump for Britters

Britney Spears is the Princess of pop no matter what anyone says... comparing her to Rock is just silly. She is in a league of her own and totally out does everyone else!

Respect the Princess dammit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Who is Pink Floyd?

A definate troll. Lock this thread and let's never speak of it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Let herself go??? the girl got pregnant, give her a break. Ok big deal ... she got drunk SHE IS HUMAN, got drunk and fell in love. It happens to everyone.

I'm not complaining she got drunk. But she got drunk and got married in Las Vegas. Difference.

Fell in love??? Come again? Such love when they had their marriage anulled ?48hrs? later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

he he he :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Oh come on! Britney worked her ass off to get where she is! she trained from child hood. Who is Pink Floyd? Probably some stupid rocker who only picked up a guitar as opposed to getting a real job when he left school.

dear lord the blasphemy....

look your obviously not really into music, in the real sense of the word.. and thats okay.. you like the pop culture, and brittney was a huge hit at that. But please try and refrain from making silly comments like above when you dont even know who pink floyd are... my god man.. what world do you live in?

i have nothing against britters... all credit to her... but the only reason she ever got respect (other than the respect I would give to any human) from me is cause she is hot.... and still is.

ok, I just asked my Dad and he doesn't know who Pink Floyd are either! Obviously they aren't as big as Britney Spears

EVERYONE knows who she is. I really don't know what you all have against her. Please just give her a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

For gawd sake stop feeding the T R O L L ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

ya sorry.. was replying and missed a lot of the other reponses... a def troll... im finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

dolly-troll.jpg

... makes work go quicker .... I'm sure Dr.Feelgood didn't mean a word of it...

Did you Doc?

• Advertisement

hmm ... eh no. But she does RocK!

rockvid.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

hmm ... eh no. But she does RocK!

rockvid.gif

She's the epitomé of trailer trash...doesn't matter how good she looks when dolled up to the nines....doesn't change what's underneath.

*bites tongue on the Floyd comments*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Who is Pink Floyd?

you sir, deserve a smacking

Who is Pink Floyd? lol
    trolls are never cool

I ate 7 Pink Floyd cds about twenty minutes ago!!

They tasted fantastic!!!

I actually had forgotten about the existence of Britney Spears until i read the post by "Dr.Feelgood"

IMPOSTER I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can buy me a gram of heroin for that one!! (j/k) not a junkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

i love britney!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Y'know I'm actually gonna side with the doc on this - to an extent.

No, I certainly wouldn't respect her as a musician in the same sense as the Beatles, James Brown, Miles Davis, Led Zeppelin, Chet Atkins...etc, etc, any of those.

But she's in a different industry. She's a pop star. It's a very fragile career. You get a few hits, become the new thing and in the end you fade away. The problem with chart music is that it's disposable.

More importantly though: She's a PERSON. She may look plastic, she may do your head in she may do stupid things. But just because she pulls a few cheap stunts to blow some life into her career doesn't give us the right to call her a hoe or whatnot. I must admit I've called her such things too. In the end, though, I respect her. She's just a girl tryin' to live out her dreams. It's hardly fair for us to give her such a hard time.

You don't have to buy her records or watch her videos on MTV. But I don't see why you think you have to constantly put her, and her fans, down just 'cos you think you're on a higher level.

My respect to Dr Feelgood for speakin 'gainst the crowd.

Just read through the thread again.

"Who are Pink Floyd"

Are you kidding me? Music wasn't invented in the 90's.

Still, respect.

Edit:

"who IS pink floyd?"

HAhahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

why is this topic still open and accessable to the mindless monkeys that we all are?

ehhh........................................................................................................................................................ :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

oh dear lord no :eek: .....i wasnt gonna say anything until you asked that question...you dont know who pink floyd is?? come on.....oh ok...you might know them from the road safety ad :rolleyes: .....lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement