Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fried apples

• 21-07-2005 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

has anyone tried this? its really nice, the apple tastes a little bit like tamato.
    you chop up a couple of apples. put some oil in a frying pan, turn the head on full, put apples in and flip occasionally until fried on both sides add a bit of salt and serve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used to do it to make single servings of apple crumble. Get flour and rub butter into it, dry fry it on a non-stick pan and it makes the crumble. Then cut up the apple and fry in butter, dump back in the crumble mix, and a dollop of vanilla icecream. Eat straight from the pan. Apple crumble in 5-10mins. Rubarb is good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

i know a dessert with apples. It's really good. take a blob of butter for each apple, add brown sugar and cinnimon flakes and mix into a paste. Core the apple and fill the whole with the paste, then cook in an oven for 10-15mins. take it out and serve with some honey or maple syrup. Delicious! (i hope this isn't too off topic? It's about apples...)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Had a pizza with apples on it in Barcelona recently. The restaurant was called The Apple (in Catalan, obviously!) and the pizza was like the house speciality version of a Hawaiian pizza. I think it's important to point out atthis stage that apples and pizzas do not go together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chunga_monster

heres a yummy apple snack, sound gross but tastes lovely. toast bread, mix grated cheese an egg yolk and as much mustard as you like to taste. Put some sliced cooking apple or a green apple on the toast and spread cheesy mix on top. Grill till brown. Best hangover cure ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yes that sounds gross.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I've had apple fried in batter. That was very tasty.

"location: little big frog land mod: system"

haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chunga_monster

yes that sounds gross.

I said it did! But ya havent tried it yet!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

i tried those fried apples last night and i have to say i didn't really like them.
    i was pretty shocked cos i love apples and fried things are generally always good, but alas... they were not for me.

Advertisement