Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PC Games are u waiting for?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm hopeful about Spore but I'm not getting too excited due to my Black and White experience which I gave up in anger shouting "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEED YOU, STOP ****ING WHINGING!" before killing them all. B&W was a concept game that I was all hopeful for but it burned me deep. The world can be cruel.

I need another FPS soon as WoW is sucking all life from me. Something good like HL2 or FarCry. Or I might just re-install Doom 3 and finish the damned thing, especially now that my system is tooled up to run it a bit faster now.

F.E.A.R does look good but I think what I'm really waiting for is Deus Ex 2. I know they already released it but I'm hoping somebody comes along and makes something closer to the first one only with prettier graphics and HAVOC FIZIX!

Actually **** that, I might as well play Deus Ex in ultra ultra hi-res with everything turned on and do all three endings again. That's the great thing about nostalga with video games: You can go back to a more rose-tinted hi-res past.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

amp wrote:
    Actually **** that, I might as well play Deus Ex in ultra ultra hi-res with everything turned on and do all three endings again. That's the great thing about nostalga with video games: You can go back to a more rose-tinted hi-res past.

It's unfortunate that it is based on the Unreal 1 engine and only looks it's best on a Voodoo 3DFX card. Don't suppose you have one lying around.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Spore
    the Movies
    Alan Wake

... I'll just continue getting over BF2 first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

F.E.A.R.
    Stalker
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Black & White 2
    Hellgate: London
    City Of The Dead
    Alan Wake
    Gears Of War (it'll be out on the PC at some stage...probably)
    Huxley
    UT 2007
    Anything else based on the Unreal 3 engine
    Bet On Soldier
    Operation Flashpoint 2
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    Quake 4
    Star Wars: Empire At War
    Prince Of Persia 3
    Starship Troopers (I've seen preview code of this, know someone doing the multiplayer. Going to be AMAZING)
    Serious Sam 2
    Advent Rising
    Condemned
    Call Of Duty 2
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Prey
    Possibly The Matrix: Path of Neo

Wow, that was a bit long. I think it's safe to say I won't be going outside for the next 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Spike hit pretty much everything I'm looking forward to.

Add to that the follow-up to Operation Flashpoint: Armed Assault and DoW Expansion Pack.

Huxley is starting to give me a tingley feeling in my nutsack, and not just for the slight link to Bill Cosby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

GT Legends - from the people that brought you GTR, the best racing game on ANY system!!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Civilization 4
    Dawn of War: Winter Assualt
    Gothic 3

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Sgtshaft wrote:
    I thought Fallout 3 was cancelled. I hope you know better as I loved Fallout2

Apparantly it was dead for a while but its back in developments now (according to PC Gamer)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Call of duty 2
    Age of empires III

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Quake 4
    Operation Flashpoint 2

As if other games matter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement