Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv Suck - Stay Away From Them

• 21-07-2005 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm getting dropped connections on my UTV DSL. The day the broadband free trial was to expire, I told them I might be cancelling if the support call I had open did not fix it.

Their response, a week later - "sorry, you're already in a contract".

Their service is a DISGRACE. Stay away. Solicitor time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Dropped connections arent very uncommon in Ireland what with the state of the network. You will probably find that you would get dropped connections on any of the other ISPS in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tslattery

Well, when I say dropped connections...

I surf the web, fine. Then all of a sudden, the browser cannot resolve any web address. It could stay like this for an hour, it could come back in 5 mins, or it could only happen 30% of the time.

Needless to say it's annoying, and renders VOIP unusuable.

Had a support call with UTV, and they gave me some numpty advice - are you using a proxy server, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

strange - been with UTV for quite a while and not had much of a problem...apart from getting through to their support number :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Same here, I have been with UTV for about 9 months with practically no down time or dropped connections at all, I'll be switching at some stage after my contract is up because of the restrictive caps and one-sided contracts but overall the service has been acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

had those kinda drops with eircom too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

tslattery wrote:
    I'm getting dropped connections on my UTV DSL. The day the broadband free trial was to expire, I told them I might be cancelling if the support call I had open did not fix it.

Their response, a week later - "sorry, you're already in a contract".

Their service is a DISGRACE. Stay away. Solicitor time.

I have to agree, they're dirt stay well clear. I can't say I've had major problems, but I have had the same problem persistenly ever since my free trial ended. It can take me 15-30 mins to connect to the internet. Support will not help me I've even told them it was a breach of contract that I'm not getting the service I signed up for and they just say we'll forward your complaint onto Eircom but you need to send us proof. How can I prove it??? He wanted screen shots? WTF? Maybe an .avi but they can get f*ucked. I signed up with them to get away from Eircom anyway. My contract has ended hallalulah! I've applied for BT, from one pack of muppets to another if you ask me. No reply to my application. Will ring them tomorrow. I wish Icould get NTL :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The problem you describe sounds more like a quality of line issue and not just incompetetance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I had drops like that with BT. Moved to NTL, all good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

i was having problems like this with UTV for months. Every time I'd go to use the internet I'd have to restart my router. The connection would drop after an hour or so and I'd have to restart the router again. Went on for months, never got any satisfactory answer from support and then as suddenly as it started, it stopped. Everythings grand again now *touch wood*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Blame Eircon ; I never have had any probs since moving too UTV Clicksilver Broadband and their telephony service. Even pay my line rental to UTV as well.

Great not to have to deal with those EIRCON Eejits :D .

• Advertisement
Advertisement