Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warcraft gold dupe

Options
  • 21-07-2005 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up... There appears to be a gold (and possibly item) dupe which is being exploited at the moment. There are some posts which explain how it is done, but I probably shouldn't link them. Regardless, I'd advise no one to use it as it smells of a ban if you ask me.

On the other hand, it might be a good time to auction any expensive items you have hehe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If your talking about the Mauderon exploit its only on American servers.
    Apperently pretty much every player is using this, gaining 100's of gold at a time.
    Blizzard have yet to make an official statement on the bug and are currently deleting all threads on the official forums about it.

Looks like the only way to sort it is to roll back a couple of weeks....ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Yea apparently this is true, though not nearly 'every' player uses it, in fact i don't know one person who isn't a gold farmer who uses it. Which is pretty surprising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

i would totally agree with a rollback..

that being said can you imagine the fat american outrage at it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i would totally agree with a rollback..

that being said can you imagine the fat american outrage at it :D:D:D
    The thing is Blizzard risk losing alot of player over it.
    The longer they leave it the longer they'll have to roll back and the more pissed off people will be, espically the people who haven't used the exploit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

If its only on american servers tell me about it, sounds interesting :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

tbh, i dont care if they roll the american servers back, since i'm not on them. but if i was, i'd be damn pissed off. have been lvling my pally and lock a fair bit in the last 2 weeks, and have gotten some great drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Btw did anyone else get this mail with the gift wrapped present titled "A Gift from Above"? It was an item called the above and was COD for 50g. I deleted it instantly since I was about 10g from the price of my mount. :)

It was on Bladefist server last week and it was delivered from a user called Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Btw did anyone else get this mail with the gift wrapped present titled "A Gift from Above"? It was an item called the above and was COD for 50g. I deleted it instantly since I was about 10g from the price of my mount. :)

It was on Bladefist server last week and it was delivered from a user called Sky.
    No but it sounds like a scam.

I can't imagine why this exploit would have only worked in the US, the description of it and why it works would lead me to believe that it should happen anywhere. I haven't heard people giving out about it in the EU though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shanery

20050722l.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

The dupe bug has been around since beta..and it has nothing to do with Maraudon. The bug is found in Gnomeregan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Haha nice one =)

Advertisement