Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to servers

Options
  • 21-07-2005 2:03pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've gotten a bunch of questions relating to a post I made last week so I thought i'd make it clearer here.

I've got All Seeing Eye from Yahoo! running on my machine and added my favourite servers to it. Now when I run it, I can see exactly where there are empty slots and where is empty and who is playing.

I have also edited my HOSTS file (//system32/drivers/etc folder) and added these line to it.

82.195.132.222 TIG
    193.120.123.133 IOL
    195.62.10.170 NRG
    83.142.49.9 ASCII
    82.71.218.99 GFF

So I load up BF:2 and hit the 'multiplayer' button. Then I alt-tab back to ASE and refresh the list of my favourite servers. If I spot that GFF has a slot open I simply head back to BF:2 and enter GFF in the 'Connect to IP' window.

No need to remember ip addresses and I never try to connect to a server unless I know I'm going to get on.

Comments

Advertisement