Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Service Laundrette

Options
  • 21-07-2005 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

The title says it all I suppose!

Is there a self service laundrette in Cork city?

Ive been here for 6 months now and fekked if I can find one!

Getting service wash is getting a tad pricy, and I got a mountian of stuff to do.

Im on Washington St, so anywhere near(ish) would be great!

Thanks peeps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

i think there is one on douglas street across from the capwell spots bar, i could be wrong about it being self service though, might be a bit of a trek if you have to drag all your dirty washing with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

i think there is one on McCurtain street too iirc. Its just before/after the Everyman theatre on that side of the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

thanks lads, will check it out.

Im buying new clothes at the moment to get by and thats not sustainable :eek:

Arrrrgh, I gott aget out of Bedsit land!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Try here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

cheers lilmiss

I rang the one on mcurtin St and its an art gallery?!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

not the best start to your search then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

The Mac Curtin St launderette closed down a few years ago I think. The one on Douglas St is called Duds'n'Suds. However Lennox's on the Bandon Road might be nearer to you and has the added advantage of fish & chips next door. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

I know it's been 9 years, but at the moment my boyfriend and I are looking for a self service laundry place to do ours! Duds n Suds on Douglas street isn't self service, is there any in the city at all? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭grimeire

hey anyone know where i can find a launderette(not a dry cleaners) on the north side of cork.
    everyplace i find on the internet seems to be closed down or is a dry cleaners.
    i currently use the revolution cleaners in mayfield but they only have 1 drier and its always broken or taking my money.
    i really only want a drier as i have a washing machine.

thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

grimeire wrote: »
    hey anyone know where i can find a launderette(not a dry cleaners) on the north side of cork.
    everyplace i find on the internet seems to be closed down or is a dry cleaners.
    i currently use the revolution cleaners in mayfield but they only have 1 drier and its always broken or taking my money.
    i really only want a drier as i have a washing machine.

thanks for any help

There's a launderette in Thomas Davis St Blackpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭grimeire

thanks but i dont think that place is around any more cuz i drive up and down that road at least twice a day and i have never spotted it. it was the first place i went looking for as it comes up first on a google search.

grimeire wrote: »
    thanks but i dont think that place is around any more cuz i drive up and down that road at least twice a day and i have never spotted it. it was the first place i went looking for as it comes up first on a google search.

It's still there. Used myself last week. It's across from where the old Glen Rovers used to be.

leeside11 wrote: »
    It's still there. Used myself last week. It's across from where the old Glen Rovers used to be.

Rang them there. They're open till 3pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭iuil1999

There are washing machines and dryers popping up in lots of service stations around the city. They would actually be ideal for duvets because it's a huge drum and it's only €8! They cost around €15 to be cleaned in a launderette!

Advertisement