Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging Baskets on Sarsfield Bridge

Options
  • 21-07-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

When I heard this I though it was hilarious....

No doubt a couple of people (male/female), after a "great night out".... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Your posts are very vague, explain what's going on for those that aren't in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

U thought that was funny? Are u serious... how is stealing a good night out?

Do u realise that the City Council is pretty much screwed finacially, that cost them €15,000 and now an extra €15,000.

They are there to make the city look better and more actrative, they add a sence of pride to the ppl who think that these are here for the ppl of Limerick and they add live to these bridges!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Sorry I presumed that most people in Limerick knew about it as it was on the radio and the limerick leader.

There are 20 hanging baskets hanging over the river on Sarsfield bridge. Each one weighs about 4 - 5 stone, and cost €14k in total. Someone came along during the nght and "stole" them. During the week then, they realised that they were actually dropped into the river......

Is that what u consider a good night out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Thats not really funny - nor a great night out - just pure theft. Sickening.

Hilarious ? You obiviously have no respect for Limerick Baldie

• Advertisement

What I mean by a "great night out", is they got totally hammered, and then they decided it would have been a good idea..... I was being sarcastic... obviously didn't work....

Downtime wrote:
    Thats not really funny - nor a great night out - just pure theft. Sickening.

Hilarious ? You obiviously have no respect for Limerick Baldie

Ye all seem to have missed my bit of sarcasim my meaning of a "great night out"...

And I am very proud of my city...

I check this forum every day and not much happens. So I decided to put up a few posts and get some discussion going...

And they weren't robbed, they were dropped into the river.

Which is actually worse, now noone can enjoy them!

Check the post i set in your other discussion, i actually was saying that we need to get away from this culture of drinking alcohol... People can actually have a good time without beer, some may be surpirised but its actually true!

I'm sorry I miss understood the meaning of a "great night out"!!!!! I thought that was when u have a great time, when your out at night, and not getting drunk! I sincerly apologise!

Although on a serious note... its a great idea posting news stories to discuss on boards, just be a bit clearer next time!

Ya, I've edited and threw in some ", and a :rolleyes:
    Should clear things up a bit...

Thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

There were twenty heavy baskets. This wasn't some drunken fool: this was systematic badness from a bunch of skobes. You could have nothing with these priks, but what can you expect? They've been burning cats and dogs since they were two.

And as for the Chronicle calling them "pranksters", Jesus help us!

The Post said they would have needed a special pole etc. to get them down because they were quite far over the edge and heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Personally, i don't think they need to go spending 14 grand on hanging baskets, just paint the lampposts black, the blue they have them coloured is awful :(

That is very true, actually its gotta be hard to find baskets of flowers worth 700 euro each, god damn if it wasnt only the government that would pay that much for them i might actually start a flower business!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I noticed they were missing recently and even though I didnt see anything in the press, I partly guessed they werent taken down for maintenance.

It must have taken some serious effort to get them down. Quite large in size and hanging out over the water.

I think I noticed the baskets on Shannon bridge are gone also. Were they taken also or did the corporation take them down?

Also the flower poles they had up in Cruises street were damn nice, are they gone again?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The Lopper wrote:
    Also the flower poles they had up in Cruises street were damn nice, are they gone again?
    Yeah, they look smashing in my back garden. ;) Can't reach the shed any more though. :D

*kidding*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

That is very true, actually its gotta be hard to find baskets of flowers worth 700 euro each, god damn if it wasnt only the government that would pay that much for them i might actually start a flower business!

I think that the €14k was the total cost of supplying the metal baskets, the flowers, growing the flowers, supplying and fixing the brackets onto the bridge.

MarkR wrote:
    Yeah, they look smashing in my back garden. ;) Can't reach the shed any more though. :D

*kidding*

LOL, keep em well watered anyhow. :D

Advertisement