Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitive, Recreational or Hunting?

Options
  • 21-07-2005 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Just a passing thought, but of the shooters here, which camp would you be in? Competitive shooting (actively going to competitions, no matter what the discipline is, and doing it to win - ie, training and so on - rather than doing it to pass a sunday on a whim), Recreational (going down to the range on a bright sunday morning to fire off a box of ammunition at a target because it's a fun thing to do), or Hunting (as in, hunting for the pot)?
    Or Other, of course, but if you pick that, sing out and tell us what it is. Not talking here about what discipline or event you'd shoot in, now, but more the mindset behind how you approach your shooting.

How do you approach your shooting? 37 votes

Competitive Shooting
    0% 0 votes
    Recreational Shooting
    32% 12 votes
    Hunting
    32% 12 votes
    Other
    35% 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

I like Shooting , in all diciplines and also hunting , when i compete i do try to win and I do train before competitions , but I like going to the range and shooting sils for the crack and also I really enjoy hunting , both rifle and shotgun , there is something about walking in the mountains or working a dog and pitting your wits against your chosen quarry that target shooting cannot fulfill .

Advertisement