Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird helmet/bike dude

• 21-07-2005 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed a guy on a strangelooking bike with really small tyres buzzing round the city centre lately? He has a helmet with a rearview mirror on it and kinda looks like this dude http://www.sheldonbrown.com/eagle.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

ah yes, the guy with the front and rear steering.
    weird bike and I cant see that it has any exceptional design improvments on teh standard bicycle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

He's an inventor from the States over here for a few weeks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

oh yeah?
    is that the best thing he's ever invented?
    It works. I 'll give him that. He's hardly going to revolutionise the bicycle world though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

The guy is Michael Killian, his website is http://www.sidewaysbike.com/ . There was an article in one of the local papers during the week, possibly yesterday's Advertiser, I think they said he's Irish and is planning to start selling these by Christmas. He was leading the Macnas parade last Sunday and giving spins to whomever wanted one; I saw him on it near the end and he was fairly whizzing along, the bike looked very manoeuverable and good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

bedlam wrote:
    Ahh so that's who it was. Saw him on O'Connell St in Dublin a few weeks on this. He took off before I was able to interrogate him about it.

yeah i saw him on o'connell street a few times aswell! i didnt know he was going around galway though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Got a picture of him with my camera phone, when he was zipping across the Wolftone bridge.

quite cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

post it?

Advertisement