Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doom 3, do i need to be online?

Options
  • 21-07-2005 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

do i need to have internet access to install this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

No, I think it was only the add on that required this. But I could be very wrong about the add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

no but you will need a strong constitution. This game scared ,me ****less at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

excellent!
    Moojuice wrote:
    no but you will need a strong constitution. This game scared ,me ****less at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

do i need to have internet access to install this?
    :confused:What made you think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i was in game the other week, was interested in half life 2 and the like, shop dude, said i'd need to be online to install it, and its the same with alot of new games.
    Kare Bear wrote:
    :confused:What made you think that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Thats pretty annoying alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

paperclip wrote:
    i was in game the other week, was interested in half life 2 and the like, shop dude, said i'd need to be online to install it, and its the same with alot of new games.

you need internet connection for HL2 only not doom 3 or expansion

shin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

HL2 is the only single player game i know of that requires a connection.

you do however need a NASA supercomputer just to run it in the "omfgID1337z0r" Ultra detail mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

you do however need a NASA supercomputer just to run it in the "omfgID1337z0r" Ultra detail mode.

Hardly....much harder Run Doom3 on max details then HL2....

I can run Hl2 at max everything, Doom JUST about max everything, but I think I have something set to medium in there somewhere....

you misread...I meant Doom3 in ultra detail.....hence the ID (as in ID software) in the "omfgID1337z0r" part...

yeah HL2 runs on max on my box with 80+ FPs...whereas Doom3 actually just runs badly on ultra...i think they actually coded it to run badly on non 512mb cards as opposed to amazingly on 512mb cards...sad really...the doom3 screenshots excited people more than the playingof the game itself...the thrill of the chase and all that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Who can see the difference between highand ultra on D3 anyway ? It must be impossible unless u stop playing to look around and justify having wasted your time/money getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

u can get an extra mod that unlocks even more detail :) gives dyniamic shadows to all characters i think? whatever it is no computer can run it on a good frame rate :P pointless really

what i dont get is the really designed the ultra details for a 512mb card and Todd hollenshead said so himself on Hard [OCP]..

however the thing im wondering is did they actually think people will be playing the ****ing game when 512m cards do come out...i do not know one person who legally bought Doom 3 and im damn sure noone will buy and 512mb card for Doom 3...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

what i dont get is the really designed the ultra details for a 512mb card and Todd hollenshead said so himself on Hard [OCP]..

however the thing im wondering is did they actually think people will be playing the ****ing game when 512m cards do come out...i do not know one person who legally bought Doom 3 and im damn sure noone will buy and 512mb card for Doom 3...
    /raises hand
    i bought it. Its a class game, i feckin love it. Atmosphere of this game is just unreal, gorgeous gfx, great monster design, non stop action, if you dont like this game id advise checking your pulse, you just might be dead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

I like the game but - Its to dang dark to show of the gfx engine

and

gets a tad samey, most levels look pretty much the same.

Im sure the engine is capeable of a lot of environmets, i heard the expansion is more varied.

oh, and I bought it :(

Advertisement