Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We are soo behind!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sweet Jeybus, I thought my 3mb connection was good.

/* goes off to cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It's official, Irish people will never stop moaning, no matter how good they have it, as long as there is anyone anywhere with anything better. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

£25 or so is €37 , what could we get for that here ? 1Mbit capped non ?

The 24Mbit service will be uncapped .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

3meg is more than enough for me. I mean what would you do with 24mb service? I can barely max my connection (i.e. get full speed from p2p/bit torrent) as it stands so it would just be a waste. Could do with a faster upload though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sounds a bit like Smart to me - with their LLU ideas.

Anyone can see that BT are not going to be tripping over themselve to let a compeditor like Be take over the lines, despite being legally obliged to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

And to think I was pretty happy with my 26.4k out in the back-arse

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Anima wrote:
    3meg is more than enough for me. I mean what would you do with 24mb service? I can barely max my connection (i.e. get full speed from p2p/bit torrent) as it stands so it would just be a waste. Could do with a faster upload though.
    Yep, and nobody will ever need more than 64kb of RAM.

and how could you ever fill up a 2GB hard drive?!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Trust me i could MAX that connection out :-)
    God give us a chance AND PLEASE get something
    done about broadband in ireland amen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

If parts of France you can get 20Mb connection for 20 euro. Where that isn't avalible it is 8Mb for 15 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Sico wrote:
    It's official, Irish people will never stop moaning, no matter how good they have it, as long as there is anyone anywhere with anything better. :rolleyes:

really? I think Irish people are one of the least demanding/moaning nations on earth, that's why we have this crappy internet today, people just don't complain, I remember when some isp started blocking ports in USA, you should have seen people complain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

If complaining means 24mb/s a month for 40e odd, then MOAN MOAN MOAN fellow Irish people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

CyberGhost wrote:
    really? I think Irish people are one of the least demanding/moaning nations on earth, that's why we have this crappy internet today, people just don't complain,

Actually, it's just that they don't complain to the right people, i.e. relevant authorities. But they just love to bitch and piss and moan to their friends (or on web boards).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

well lets spam every isp asking for better speeds ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Sico wrote:
    Actually, it's just that they don't complain to the right people, i.e. relevant authorities. But they just love to bitch and piss and moan to their friends (or on web boards).

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

we're screwed because we're such a small country..only 4 million people..in Hong Kong you get a 10Mb line for about $25..same place you get a 1000Mb for only $150...why..because there's about 50 million people there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Airblazer

You are shockingly bad at Geography!!!

The population of Hong Kong is just less than 7million!!!
    Its their population density which makes such high speeds viable.

Population Density of:

Kong Kong ~6,800 people per square km

Ireland ~60 people per square km

Dublin could have had something similar to Hong Kong....but the planners gave into public pressure for everyone to have semi-detached housing...thus the MASSIVE urban sprawl with Dublin being the same size of other cities with many times its population(Los Angeles is of similar area!!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

zuma wrote:
    Airblazer

You are shockingly bad at Geography!!!

The population of Hong Kong is just less than 7million!!!
    Its their population density which makes such high speeds viable.

Population Density of:

Kong Kong ~6,800 people per square km

Ireland ~60 people per square km

Dublin could have had something similar to Hong Kong....but the planners gave into public pressure for everyone to have semi-detached housing...thus the MASSIVE urban sprawl with Dublin being the same size of other cities with many times its population(Los Angeles is of similar area!!!).

Well if it's faster broadband vs a semi-d, there's no choice. Semi-d wins hands down every time. Folks - life is too short. Much as we like computers and broadband, it's still only a home appliance and should be treated as such!!! We have a much better quality of life compared to the aforementioned Metropli!! Live it to the full!!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Well if it's faster broadband vs a semi-d, there's no choice. Semi-d wins hands down every time. Folks - life is too short. Much as we like computers and broadband, it's still only a home appliance and should be treated as such!!! We have a much better quality of life compared to the aforementioned Metropli!! Live it to the full!!!! :D:D:D

Im not going to attack that post as I dont live in Dublin....others who spend a quarter of their day stuck in traffic might take offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

zuma wrote:
    Im not going to attack that post as I dont live in Dublin....others who spend a quarter of their day stuck in traffic might take offence.

Quarter of your day in traffic? Have you ever been to Dublin :D ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

before trying to up the speeds more we should concentrate on getting broadband out to the rest of the country come on only 26% of the republic is covered.Ive been waiting for years :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Ireland is simply more expensive for transit that UK or most of Europe, fact, simple. Internet access will always cost more here that most of the rest of Europe for that reason.

Advertisement