Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating. Joy.

Options
  • 21-07-2005 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

So can anyone give me any tips on how to pass my repeat exams?

If I prepare answers to the questions from the original papers, should that be enough?

I have a feeling I might fail again. But then, I am extremely pessimistic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If I prepare answers to the questions from the original papers, should that be enough?
    What subject? Prepared answeres wouldn't have worked for me. Read all of the notes again, then do every single past paper you can get your hands on.

That's what worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

the general theme of college exams is be able to answer compotently questions from each of the past 3/4 years, concentrate on the high repetition questions and any hints the lecturer gave in lectures. Also approach the lecturer, some of them can be very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I still haven't started studying yet for my repeats........................ :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Me either Zane. :p

actually Zane, did you get any confirmation about having paid your fees? i posted mine in over a week ago yet it says on my profile on the UCD site that i have fees outstanding!!

i emailed them on monday and have heard nothing back and sent them another one this evening.

they're unbelievable in this college. they couldnt give a flying fúck about any of their students. god love the folks with no internet.

</rant>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Me either Zane.

Me three. :eek:

I f**king hate this college. Thus, I am not motivated to study to pass an exam that will merely mean I stay in this college. I just hate this place. So. Much.

But in answer to the OP's question, if you're doing an arts/essay-based exam like myself, Zane and Peachy, then yeah; preparing answers to the questions from your original papers should work. But what do I know? I've only done twice as many f**king exams in this college as I could've if I'd just studied properly first time around...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

hey guys, i don't want to state the obvious, but you should really start studying soon. ucd wouldn't be the same without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hehe... Last year this was pretty much the time I started studying for my repeats, and I still passed. Somehow. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Last year I didnt really start studying untill 2 weeks beforehand, although then I had to start pulling 12 hour days which wasnt any fun :( If you start at some stage next week you should all be grand, I actually feel quite wierd at the mo not repeating or having to do it!

actually Zane, did you get any confirmation about having paid your fees? i posted mine in over a week ago yet it says on my profile on the UCD site that i have fees outstanding!!

i emailed them on monday and have heard nothing back and sent them another one this evening.

they're unbelievable in this college. they couldnt give a flying fúck about any of their students. god love the folks with no internet.

</rant>

I actually handed my 'stupid tax' as Sangre would call it into the exams office because I simply don't trust them with my cash. I receipt from them there and then. Best advice is to make the trek out to Belfield as they are a bunch of amatures in this college regarding everything.
    SebtheBum wrote:
    I f**king hate this college. Thus, I am not motivated to study to pass an exam that will merely mean I stay in this college. I just hate this place. So. Much.

Well since Seb is allowed to have a rant.... I'll have a rant

This college is blah blah...... blah blah blah....... blah....... Hugh Brady is a blah blah blah............ D4's are blah ........ blah blah blahs.......... 1st year Arts students are blah blah blah blah blaaaahhhhhhaaaaassss.......... everything in this college is...... blah blah blah blah..................... blah...........

Blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

angry online zane makes tribulus cry :'(

• Advertisement

Now look what you've done Zane. You've made trib cry. You're such an insensitive ogre.

For shame, for SHAME!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Cheer up tribulus.

Repeating ruins you summer, it's as joyous as childbirth that results in stillbirth.

tribulus wrote:
    angry online zane makes tribulus cry :'(

Tribulus I feel your pain...... you can get through this tough period of life.

Just letting you guys know that tribulus is finding this summer REALLY tough going without Science in his life. I spotted tribulus the other day at his local DART station looking something like this with a bit of a more green, muscley hulk appearance..............
    homeless.jpg

As you can see tribulus is finding life tough. He has no money and has to resort to beggining DART commuters for protiens. Tribulus has basically become as much as a big down and out than Seb :p.

So do a good deed this summer and give some hope to Science Tramp by donating some protiens to trib......... go on.

As you can see tribulus is finding life tough. He has no money and has to resort to beggining DART commuters for protiens. Tribulus has basically become as much as a big down and out than Seb :p.

Oh come on we all know that's not true!

Nobody could be as much of a down-and-out as me, let's face it.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Oh come on we all know that's not true!

Nobody could be as much of a down-and-out as me, let's face it.

I knwo it's shocking to think someone could be as big as a down and out as you with your own homeless appearance, general bumness and being an anglo-Irish to$$er who everyone wants to run away from BUT c'mon I bet you don't even hang around a train station begging! Also tribulus hadn't shaved for a whole 2 hours and he had a beard as long as Santa Claus', that was 2 days ago........ what is Science Tramp looking like now!! :confused:

all this amusement at my expense is merely more procrastination by you repeaters to keep away from studying so :p:D

my protein supply is grand no begging needed+i can get it cheap off a guy on boards

now go study!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

tribulus wrote:
    a
    my protein supply is grand no begging needed+i can get it cheap off a guy on boards

Easygainer?

yep, won't be out for a while but i'm using USN brand at the moment and it tastes like sh*t :eek: so i might get some sooner rather than later

note: by cheap i meant whatever his prices are in comparison to shops, websites etc. not getting a discount or anything :)

to all: how's the repeating going?

Sh*t, but thanks for asking.

Going in to UCD to study. Bout f**king time.

tribulus wrote:
    yep, won't be out for a while but i'm using USN brand at the moment and it tastes like sh*t :eek: so i might get some sooner rather than later

note: by cheap i meant whatever his prices are in comparison to shops, websites etc. not getting a discount or anything :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've had to put up with these stimulating conversations about proteins for the last 7 years.............................. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

tribulus wrote:

I've found www.myprotein.co.uk to be good.

Even unflavoured it's well drinkable!
    Just tastes something like milk.
    I bought flavour with it but don't use it so in that respect it's unlike any other protein I've tried (Easygainers ON does taste the best though, people recommend Nesqick with the MP stuff if you want a similar taste).

The shipping company lost my order in Spain but as soon as I pointed this out they reshipped it and I had it 48 hours later.

nice one kas thanks :cool:

zane go study already, how can you rant about UCD if you're not in it next year :eek: - all these shels matches aren't helping either!!!

edit:customiser f*ckin legend!!!

Advertisement