Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1 hour Ignition Assessment-for Provisional Licence Holder

Options
  • 21-07-2005 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I'm looking into getting motor insurance for the first time as a provisional licience holder and I was quoted very favourably with One Direct if I passed the 1 hour Ignition assessment operated independantly by IAM- just wondering if anyone's done this. I inquired and was told that it's not the same as a full driving test but focuses on awareness, mirror checking, general safety, slowing down for hazzards and finally one manouvre either parralell or reverse parking- eek? I've only had a few lessons and a bit of practice so wondering if anyone else has done the asssessment- passed or failed and how long you feel you need to be driving to get through it,
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I presume you are a fairly competent driver already? Otherwise I don't think I'd bother

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Heinzy

hello

my wife failed it on wednesday morning. tester told her it was driving test standard. she got lots of good feedback during the test; but was then failed; didn't say why though, yet. maybe it's a racket, expecting you to pay for a 2nd test. seems like you'd need a few lessons first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 *me*

How long has your wife been driving Heinzy? I know ultimately I'll have to make the decision- but just trying to get a general concensus what stage or how much driving practicce those that have done the test and passed or unfortunately failed.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Heinzy wrote:
    my wife failed it on wednesday morning. tester told her it was driving test standard. she got lots of good feedback during the test; but was then failed; didn't say why though, yet. maybe it's a racket, expecting you to pay for a 2nd test. seems like you'd need a few lessons first

How can you get good feedback if they dont tell you why you failed???

something smells off....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Heinzy

2 years but never had any lessons.

still no reason why

if you're ready for the real thing, then you're ready for this Ignition test it seems like

• Advertisement
Advertisement