Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deciding whether or not to go to college...

Options
  • 21-07-2005 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

I'm deciding whether or not to go to college this year and I'm wondering if there's any way to find out what the hours of my course are...

I'm doing Experimental Physics in NUIG, and for first year I choose 4 subjects. Two of them will be basically covering the Leaving Cert course for first year (Physics and App Maths), one other is Comp Science (no problem for me) and the other is Maths which is a strong subject.

Long story short I'll have the first two years of my course fairly easy but I want to find out how many hours it would take up, just because I have planned to do a lot of other things this year (I was initially gonna take a year out but am on a bit of a downer and thinking that I might need the structure).

Arts in NUIG is only 13 hours per week, is it possible that I could end up with a course that has really tough hours, considering the general technical level of the subjects I'm taking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

last year i did similar subjects in ucd in the science course (maths,comp sci,experimental physics,mathimatical physics aka applied maths) and with tutorials practicals and lectures it hit in and around 24/25 hours

i was in exactly the same classes as the people doing the 1st year of experimental physics so im gonna presume all nui collages are circa the same hours for similar courses

now you can ignore some of the tutorials in the beginning but towards exam time its really a good idea not to miss them

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Contact the college/students union and ask for the email address of some of the students from the same course but for the past few years, say you're trying to find out stuff about the course and books/etc, they'll prob help you out and then email the lads, one of them is bound to fill you in...

Advertisement