Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unreparied SE k500

Options
  • 21-07-2005 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I got a k500 back in April and it broke in June, Insert Sim kept appearing when the sim was perfectly in place.
    So i sent the phone off with meteor to Sigma Telecom. They sent it back saying the phone was water damaged. Which i knew it wasnt.
    So i got a second opinon from ****.net, who examined the phone and said it wasnt water damaged, and that it was actulally a problem with the n2000 chip, which is a common problem with SEs.

So i sent a letter and the phone back to sigma telling them this and informing them that the phone wasnt water damaged and that its the n200 chip.

they sent me a letter today saing if i wanted them to re-inspect the phone i have to pay them 25 euro. I dont want to pay this incase they just give me the same crap and i lose a furtther 25euro.
    Anybody know where i stand here and what i should do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

are **** an authorised Sony Ericsson repair centre, not sure if Sigma would deal with their letter if they aren't, have you tried an alternative authorised repair centre like the Mobile Phone Repair Company www.mprc.ie

have you sought advice from the Dept of Consumer Affairs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah juat contact mprc or telephone centre in dawson street. they would be your best bet as they are proper dealers. also it should be free if its still under warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ye will try them on Dawson Street, thanks for the advice.

Just another question, would Sigma have recorded my imei and put it into some sort of database so that the phones warrenty would be voided. And even if i brought it to another repair company they will be able to check the imei and see that sigma voided the warrenty due to water damage??

Advertisement